Part - 39

When Parvati came out to the drawing room, Narayani had just come back from work. 

"Are you going somewhere, sweetheart?" Narayani asked.

"I am going to meet him, mother," Pavati replied. 

Narayani understood that she was going to meet Suyash to talk regarding divorce. "Could I talk to you for a minute?" 

When Parvati nodded her head, Narayani made her sit down on the sofa and sat beside her. She brushed back Parvati's hair in a motherly affectionate manner and said, "you look lovely today." 

"Mother, if you are thinking of convincing me not to divorce him then please stop trying, I will not change my decision," Parvati said softly with her head downcasted. 

Narayani smiled at her stubborn daughter and said,"you have every right to make decisions in your life, my dear, but as your mother I have the right to give you at least proper advice, don't I?"

Parvati looked at Narayani, willing to listen to her.

"Do you remember I used to often say that Suyash loves you? And I wasn't wrong when he came running to you to confess his love that night when we were leaving for Pune."

Parvati recalled one of the most beautiful moments of her life when Suyash professed his love for her, but now she wondered whether any of that held any truth or just one of his lies he had told to her?

"He had fallen in love with you before the marriage just like you were in love with him and realized your feelings later. I would have never said yes for your and Suyash's marriage if I wasn't sure you two started to harbor feelings for each other. Suyash loves you," Narayani said. 

Parvati stayed silent pondering on her mother's words.

"Answer me, sweetheart, have you ever felt uncomfortable or forced to share intimacy with your husband?"

Parvati again preferred to remain silent. Suyash had never forced himself on her nor made her uncomfortable, even when he initiated intimacy with her for the first time, she was surprised by his change in behavior but everything that happened between them was all consensual. She loved and cherished the moment in her heart when they consummated their marriage. 

Narayani smiled and said, "I will take your silence as no, so everything between you two was mutual. You are not a child to not understand that physical intimacy is an important part of marital life, and intimacy doesn't mean only sex, it consists of love and mutual respect and if there weren't any, you can feel it. Ask your heart, did Suyash really want you for your body?" 

Parvati chose not to answer her mother. Actually she wasn't sure of anything. Everything felt messed up. 

Pallavi's claim of affair, the proofs and situations against Suyash, and her mother's firm trust on Suyash confused her. 

Suyash was never interested in modeling yet he loved it as he began to spend more time with Pallavi, maybe because he started getting drawn to her, and even he claimed to sleep with her only because he got caught. If Pallavi hadn't confessed about their affair, she would never come to know about it and he would have continued fooling her only to keep his child with him.

Everytime she recollected his infidelity, all the moments Suyash shared with her seemed fake, a bunch of filthy lies. He did not force himself on her but he had surely taken advantage of her emotional and sexual needs to quench his lust. She couldn't help but hate him more. 

"What is this in your hand?" Narayani asked, taking the small jewelry box from Parvati's hand.

"Earrings gifted by him, mother," Parvati replied, snapping out of her thoughts.