Part - 7

Parvati closed the lid of her laptop harshly. She couldn't concentrate on her work. She was feeling frustrated since the time Pallavi confronted her and that memory had been playing in her mind again and again. She felt an unknown ache in her heart.

She came to Narayani's cabin and knocked on the door.

"Mother, may I come in?" Parvati asked and entered the cabin when she got the permission.

"Mother, I want to leave early, will you please handle the meeting with Mr.Virani today?" Parvati asked.

Narayani noticed Parvati's gloomy face. "Don't worry about the meeting, but are you okay? You don't look well."

"I'm fine, mother," Parvati replied. "I haven't been able to sleep at night lately, I just need some sleep."

Narayani smiled. Parvati realized and chidded herself in her mind. Damn! Can't she come up with a better excuse. It was so embarrassing.

Narayani decided not to tease her daughter. "It's alright, sweetheart. Go home and take some rest."

Parvati nodded her head without meeting her mother's teasing gaze and left the cabin. She drove back home. She went straight to her room and sat down on the bed. Her room reminded her of all those beautiful moments she spent with Suyash.

She closed her eyes and a tear rolled down her cheek.

Why does it feel hard to let go of Suyash Mehra? She never loved him nor he loved her, their marriage was to serve a purpose of saving her company and whatever happened between her and Suyash was just to fulfill their bodily needs.

Her thoughts were interrupted by her mobile's ringing. She took a look at the caller id and her heart ached more. It was Suyash's call.

"Mr.Mehra?" Parvati picked up the call.

"Listening to your voice rejuvenates my mood," he said. She smiled but her smile faded the next moment, remembering Pallavi."I wanted to tell you don't wait for me for dinner, I will be home late," he added.

"Okay."

"Okay?" Her sober reply surprised him. "Just okay? Won't you ask me to come home early or not to skip dinner?"

"Why should I? You are not a baby, you should know how to take care of yourself," Parvati replied, "I'm busy at the moment so if you don't mind shall we talk later?" She disconnected the call and felt horrible for her behaviour.

He was confused by her attitude. It's not like he needed someone to look after him but whenever she cared for him it always felt good. He didn't give much attention to her changed behavior and got back to his work.

It was half past ten when Suyash left his office. On the way home when he stopped his car at the signal a flower vendor requested him to buy the last few red roses of the day.

Suyash agreed as he didn't want those beautiful red roses to wilt and he knew Parvati would really love them as they are her favourites. He bought a bunch of red roses. He smiled looking at those roses and remembered Parvati and his little conversation about their nicknames.

Parvati was standing near the window lost in deep thoughts when he reached home and entered the room. He went to her and stood behind her. She snapped out of her thoughts and
looked surprised at the roses as he brought them in front of her.

"For you," Suyash said softly, bringing his mouth to her shoulder, standing behind her.

"They are beautiful..." She smiled and took those bunch of red roses in her hand and smelled it. Aromatic fragrance of the roses cheered her up. She turned around to face him and flashed her pretty smile at him.