56. Lando

Warning: NSFW

Nerves are racing through my veins, as we're going out for this celebratory dinner. But it's not just that, it just gave me the perfect cover. 

I'm going to do it tonight. 

I'm going to propose. 

And I'm pretty sure Jona can sense I'm nervous and I try to calm myself down. She looks absolutely stunning in her wrap dress. As Jona's getting ready in the bathroom I try to calm myself down. 

I look at my phone, a message from Charlotte saying she's in position. She'll be taking pictures, if all goes well I'd love to have photos of the moment, and I'm sure Jona would want them too. 

"So where are we going exactly?" Jona asks, as we're walking through the streets of Mexico city. 

"You'll see." I say, guiding her to the restaurant. I've reserved the rooftop terrace for us privately. 

"This is beautiful." Jona whispers, as we get onto the rooftop terrace. 

"Just like you." I tell her placing a kiss on her cheek. Careful not to press her to me too tightly, the box with the ring in it burning in the pocket of my jacket. 

As we're waiting for our dessert, we make our way to the side of the rooftop, overlooking a big part of Mexico City. 

Jona's standing in between my arms when I twist her around. Making her look at me instead of the city. 

"What are you doing?" Jona giggles, nerves taking over my body even more. 

"Jona," I start. "Ever since I first met you last year, I've been completely smitten. You've been all I could think about. You're all that has been on my mind for the past year. And I don't want that to ever change." I drop down to one knee, taking the box out of my pocket and opening it. "I want you by my side for the rest of my life. Jona Middel will you marry me?" 

Pure shock is written across Jona's face, before she starts crying lightly her hands covering her mouth. She's nodding yes at the same time, giving me the answer. I wrap my arms around her, twirling her around, before putting her back to the ground. "So just for confirmation, this is a yes?" I ask her. 

"Yes," She says a bright smile on her face as I put the engagement ring on her finger. I wrap her in a big hug, before placing my lips on hers forcefully. Our first kiss as an engaged couple. 

From the corner of my eye, I can see Charlotte taking pictures. I nod at her, as she makes her way over to us. 

"Congrats you guys." She says, taking Jona by surprise. She squeals hugging one of her best friends tightly. 

"So you did know more!" Jona says looking at Charlotte. Charlotte had told me Jona over heard me, so I had to keep Charlotte in my plan so she could distract Jona if needed. 

"I did." Charlotte laughs. "But I'll leave you love birds to finish dinner." She says before we say goodbye and Charlotte leaves. 

"So how long have you been planning this?" Jona asks as we're eating our dessert. My eye getting caught by the engagement ring every time. It looks even better on her than I'd expected. 

"Since the Dutch Grand Prix." I admit, thinking back on how I asked her dad for her hand. "I even went to your dad and everything. And then Max Fewtrell got involved. At first I wanted to do it in Brazil, but we decided that we had a better opportunity her in Mexico with the double header." 

"And then Zak gave you the perfect cover." She adds. 

"He did, but I was going to propose tonight anyway. It was just easier to get you out of the hotel this way." I say smiling. I can't believe she actually said yes. 

I look at my phone, seeing the group chat with drivers light up. One of the pictures of my proposal already send in there by Charles. "So uhm, pretty much all the drivers figured out I was planning this. And Charles already confirmed you said yes. So what do you think about a selfie?" I ask Jona as we're sitting on the lounge set in the corner of the room top after we'd finished our dinner. 

"Sounds great." She says, I don't think either of us has stopped smiling since I put the ring on her finger. She snuggles closer to her, as I put my phone on selfie mode. Jona holds up her hand, the ring prominent in the picture. 

She said yes!!! I send into the group followed by the picture, I send it in the Quadrant chat as well. And I notice Jona is sending it to Emily, Kelly and Carmen as well. Even though I'm pretty sure the last two have already heard it from their boyfriends. 

*** 

I wake up, my arms wrapped tightly around Jona. Thoughts of last night come flooding back. I can't believe I'm engaged. I still cannot. I can't believe we've got a wedding to plan. 

Jona turns around in my arms, opening her eyes, looking at me. I place my lips on hers. "Good morning." I whisper before placing my lips on hers again. 

Our lips move together in sync. Jona moves her hands to my neck, playing with the ends of my hair. I moan as she pulls my hair lightly. 

My hands discover her body as if it was the first time. Still finding all the places she likes, making her moan in response. I groan, as Jona positions herself on top of me. Still wearing the shirt I was wearing yesterday. She loves to sleep in them, and I have to admit it makes her look hot. 

She places her lips in my neck. "You're going to leave a love bite." I chuckle as she's sucking the skin in my neck. "I've got to go on camera a lot." I tell her. 

"They'll be covered by your race suit." She says, before making her way down my torso. Placing kisses all over. 

Her fingers play with the hem of my boxers, making me go crazy. I take control once again. Turning us around, me hovering over her. I pull down her string, placing my lips on her inner thighs. Jona's hands reach for my hair. Pulling it whenever I move my tongue over her. I pull down my boxers, wrapping her legs around her. Thrusting into her. 

God, I love her so freaking much.