34. Lando

"Where's Jona?" I ask Alana when I get back into the garage after the mandatory medical check. Jona must be so upset, she's been struggling with her family's accident the whole week. How can I be so stupid to crash at this moment.

"Driver room." Alana says, and I make my way to my room immediately.

I knock on my room, not sure if she's actually up for my company. Kelly opens the door and I sigh in relieve. It's already good to know Jona was not here alone.

"Come in," Kelly says opening the door further for me to enter and for her to exit.

"Are you okay?" I ask Jona taking a seat next to her.

"I should be asking you that." She chuckles, a light sob escaping her lips.

"I'm okay, been checked and everything." I assure her. "Now how are you?"

"I'm okay, just a little shaken up. But I knew this would be coming." She admits. "But now I know that it can happen and it can be alright as well."

I just smile at her, wrapping my arms around her. I just need her to feel that I'm here for her.

"Have you done your media outings yet?" Jona asks, breaking the silence. Of course she's shifting into work mode. I just let her, it might be her way to cope with things.

"I haven't." I tell her. "I wanted to make sure you were alright first."

"Let's go do that then." She says, wiping the last remains of tears from her face, before placing a kiss on my lips. She then opens the door for me and we make our way to the media pen.

Alana and Daniel are already there, and I can see Alana sending Jona a questioning look. Jona shoots Alana a thumbs up, and they quickly swap places.

"She did better than I expected after what she told Charlotte about possible reactions." Alana says to me, just before I start my first interview.

"Yeah she did." I answer Alana, before getting in front of the ViaPlay camera.

***

"Come on Lando, push a bit harder." My personal trainer says as we're running through the streets of Monaco.

"I'm pushing." I say, sweat dripping from my forehead. I hate cardio.

"You can still talk, so you're not." He counters, guess I'm keeping my mouth shut from now on. "Only one more mile to go."

It's great to have two weeks off, but the extra training they fit into these weeks are terrible. Luckily for me this is the last extra one. It's Sunday now, and the coming weekend is the Spanish Grand Prix.

"Good job today Lando." My personal trainer says as we both go our own way, after arriving at my place.

I take out my phone, before hopping in the shower to see a message from Jona.

I'm asked to be on this Dutch sports podcast made by a few classmates. Going there now for recording.

I'm so happy she's actually making a career for herself. I know I just wanted her by my side all the time at first, but I now realise I need to let her loose every once in a while.

Proud of you, go get 'em. X

I put my phone away taking a well deserved shower to make my body relax.

When I get out of the shower, my phone has blown up with a lot of different messages. But the one prominent on it, is the one from Jona.

It's not true, you know that.

What's not true.

I open my Instagram to see this picture I've been tagged in. Jona's hugging a boy, I recognise from when I was in the Netherlands. He's the one with the girlfriend, the one Emily was going out with.

Lando Norris' girlfriend spotted being affectionate with other man.

I pick up my phone, calling Jona right away.

"It's not true." Is the first thing she says.

"He's the class mate right?" I ask her.

"He is. He knows about my mom and my triggers too. That hug was just to comfort me. Before we'd start the podcast." Jona explains. "Nothing else happened. The whole damn thing is on video as well. I can send it."

"I believe you." I tell Jona. She won't lie to me about that right. "You're still there for the podcast?"

"I am, there's like three other people that have seen nothing happened." Jona says turning the screen to three off her class mates that are making the podcast.

"I've filmed them reuniting," the other girl in the room says. "I can send it to Jona so she can send it to you."

"It's okay Jona, I believe you." I tell Jona once again. She seems really worried by the fact that it'll all came out. But that might be, because she'll be one of the people trying to manage it at this weekend's Spanish Grand Prix.

I say goodbye to Jona, before getting ready to stream. I have promised my fans that, it'd be weird getting out of that. But knowing this stupid rumour, it'll be a lot of people managing.

I start the stream, but keep the sound and face cam off. I check the incoming chat, most of them asking if Jona really cheated and if we've broken up. Some even calling Jona horrible things for hypothetically cheating on me.

"Hi everyone." I say clicking my sound and face cam on. "So before we go and play some games today, I want to say somethings to everyone. First of all, Jona did not cheat on me. She's with a friend from school, whom she hadn't seen in a while and they hugged as they greeted each other. That's the picture you've seen. So now that that's out of the way, can you please treat Jona normal again?"

Luckily most people have reacted normal for the rest of the stream. Some even shutting down people that were still trying to push the dating rumours through.

After the stream, Jona called me briefly to say that she'd gotten home safely. She has been getting more hateful messages again on Instagram, but there have been people there as well who have been telling the truth. Which she really appreciated.

"So I'll see you in Spain then?" She says as we're finishing our conversation.

"I'll see you in Spain." I tell her. We're meeting up with Isa and Carlos on Tuesday, but Jona's flight was overbooked so she's flying tomorrow already.

***

The flight to Barcelona feels like the most useless flight ever. It's even shorter than the on Jona's taking regularly from either Amsterdam or Rotterdam to London.

But here I am, looking through the arrivals hall. Trying to find Carlos or Jona. I finally spot both of them, Isa with them as well.

"Finally, milk boy has arrived." Carlos says as we do our hand shake. I give Isa a quick hug, before turning my attention to Jona.

I press my lips on hers firmly. I haven't seen her in person since the Miami Grand Prix because she had a lot of things to go through. It is also the first time after the cheating rumours we see each other.

"I love you." I whisper to her as our lips part.

"I love you too."