20. Lando

"So what's the deal with you and Jona?" Max asks as he takes a seat in one of the chairs of his private jet, which he is kindly sharing with me and Charles today.

"Nothing." I tell him.

"Oh come on, you guys were cuddling when we came into the bowling alley. And you were fawning over her all night." Max counters.

"They were?" Charles chuckles. "Does little Lando have a crush?"

"You can't deny she's hot," I tell them, hoping that it'll get them to back off a bit.

"That's not what I asked." Max says sternly. "You brought her back to her hotelroom in Brazil and never came back too. So just tell me, what's going on. I told you about Kelly really soon too."

I sigh. "Fine, there's been some kissing. That's it." I tell them, resulting in a triomfant smile from Max.

"I knew it!" Max cheers. "She seems like someone you'd like. Make work of it." He encourages me.

"I'm trying, but we've both got different priorities." I tell them, not really wanting to go into detail about it.

"Keep your head up Lando, if it's meant to be it'll work out." Charles tells me, causing Max and I to erupt into laughter.

"Since when did you become such a romantic?" I laugh, Charles's cheeks turning bright red. We all know he's been together with Charlotte for quite some time now, and sometimes it shows.

***

Monaco still doesn't feel like home, and sometimes a feel a little lonely there. I would've loved it if Jona joined me. Just for the reason that I wouldn't be there alone.

The loneliness is once again getting to me, when I finish doing my laundry on Tuesday morning. I don't want to be in Monaco, I decide. I get into my car and drive to the airport. I'd much rather be in London, be near the factory help them out. I can't really do much from here.

When I arrive at the airport, I realise I don't even have a ticket yet. I walk up to the AirFrance desk, knowing they're flying to London multiple times a day from here.

"Do you have any tickets left for the flights to London?" I ask the woman behind the desk.

"I've only got a business class ticket for the flight leaving in an hour and a half." She tells me. I wasn't really planning on splurging on business class tickets. But if it's all that's available, then it'll do.

"That's fine." I tell her, and she registers my ID into the system, checking me in immediately.

There's a little queu for the security check, my business class ticket letting me take the priority lane.

The flight to London is short and before we know it I land on London Heathrow. Only having a carry-on suitcase and my backpack with me I stroll to the exit of the airport.

Shit.

I don't have a car nearby. I haven't even arranged where I'll be staying. Maybe I should've thought this through a bit better.

I take out my phone, calling Max Fewtrell. He better be able to pick me up and get me to my place near Woking. In moments like this, I'm happy I kept it.

"Max." I say as he picks up his phone.

"Lando?" He answers, hesitation in his voice.

"So I've got a question." I tell him. "Could you pick me up from Heathrow?"

"Sure, just tell me when."

"I was wondering about right now?" I chuckle

"You're a muppet, you know that?"