6. Lando

Usually I like to spend my free Sundays just chilling with friends, playing games or having a get together. But this Sunday is different. I've been asked to come in to prepare stuff for Jona, who's coming for an orientation tomorrow. Marissa sadly had to decline our offer as she had taken an other internship. So for the time being Jona is pretty much our top contender. 

As I finish up my tasks for the day, I log out my computer. As my computer is shutting down I decide to browse through the Insta Stories of the people I follow. Most are just drivers enjoying their weekend off. Even Daniel is got out of this, and I'm stuck here. 

I tap the stories for them to continue onto the next. That is until a story made by an account I started following last week pops up. Jona posted this selfie of her. Holding her passport and boarding pass, ready to board her flight to London. I quickly like her story, and lock my phone. It's time to go home. 

"Lando!" Zak calls my name as he's trying to catch up with me, while I walk through the hallways of MTC. I slow down, letting him catch up to me. 

"What's up?" 

"You're done for the day aren't you?" He asks. I'm guessing I'm no longer done for the day. 

"Yeah I was just about to go home." I tell Zak. 

"Hmm I was wondering if you could do something for me, well more for Charlotte." He says catching my attention. 

"Sure, I did not have any plans for this Sunday evening anyway." Except maybe do some more Jona stalking. Daniel has told me she had a TikTok account as well, and I was planning on watching that tonight. 

"Alright then, as you know we'll be having Jona here at the office for the next two days. She just landed at Heathrow, but our driver is ill apparently, and we need someone to bring her to her hotel here in Woking. Are you willing to do that?" My heart beats a little faster as Zak finishes his question. 

Me picking up Jona? I don't know if that's the right course to go. She's probably seen that I've started following her on Instagram, and the like I just did. But I can't help to be curious as to how she really is. 

"Sure Zak, I'll go right now." I tell him, getting my car keys from my pocket. 

"She's staying at the DoubleTree. Here's her phone number if you can't find her at Heathrow." Zak says handing me a post-it with a Dutch phone number written on it. 

I guess this is one of the easiest ways I've ever gotten a girls phone number. 

Stop it Lando, this is getting out of hand. You've never met this girl. And you're crushing over her as if she's the love of your life. You two will probably be working together. Get your act together. 

The drive from MTC to Heathrow airport is not that long, and within half an hour I'm parked and making my way to the arrival hall. I feel like I should probably have some kind of sign with me, so Jona knows I'm here to pick her up. 

I walk up to the Arrivals area where the sign said the flight from Amsterdam would be landing. The sign says the plane is currently unloading and passengers are at passport checks. So I take out my phone to find an Instagram notification there. 

My heart beats a little fasters I see the notification belongs to no other than Jona Middel. 

I open the chat. The one that up until now only had the notification of me liking her story in it. 

@JoonJonaa
Aren't you supposed to not bond with people who are being interviewed to work with you? 

@landonorris
I should, but no one has to find out right? I'm here to pick you up btw.

This was definitely not the way I intended this to go. I sigh, putting my phone away. This is definitely going to be an awkward 30 minutes back to Woking.