25. Jona

I wake up alone in my hotel room on Thursday morning. The raceweekend is starting, and Lando and I decided that we both really needed to get some sleep. Which is why we decided to not sleep in the same room.

I turn around in my bed, reaching for my phone. I immediately see a message from Lando, received only a few minutes ago.

Good morning beautiful

I smile at myself, this is a really good way to wake up. Lando was supposed to be at the track much earlier than me. I quickly text Lando back, wishing him a good morning as well. I then notice a huge amount of Instagram notification.

I should've expected that to happen after Lando and I went public yesterday. I open Instagram to see I've gained over 200K followers in a day, but what catches my eye even more is the huge amount of comments.

Hate comments to be more precise.

You're ugly

How can someone like you date someone as hot as Lando

Lando made a mistake

She's in it for the money

She'll move on once she'll realise he will never win

You know she's an intern, just working her way up

You're using Lando

Bet your parents are real proud of you, fucking your way up

It just doesn't stop. I can feel the tears pricking in my eyes. That last one is not okay. It's really not okay.

I throw my phone through the room, hoping that it will somewhat soothe pain. It doesn't. I can feel the tears coming more frequently, and before I know it I'm full on sobbing.

I don't know how long I've been sobbing, when there's a knock on my door. I walk to the door, revealing a face I haven't seen that much since last weekend. Charles' girlfriend, Charlotte is standing in front of me.

"Can I come in?" She asks, and I just walk away from the door. Sitting on my bed, crying again.

"Why are you here?" I sniff, it must've sounded rude, but that's not what I meant.

"Lando and Charlotte asked me to check in with you. You were supposed to be at the track an hour ago. And you didn't pick up your phone. Lando's worried sick you know that? He read the comments as well." I wipe the tears away.

"Yeah, about my phone." I chuckle, trying to calm myself down. "I won't be answering that for a while." I tell Charlotte pointing at the phone with a shattered unusable screen. Making Charlotte chuckle as well.

"You know, that was my phone too. I threw it out of the apartment, when people started realising Charles' was off the market. They just don't realise that there is a real person they're hurting." Charlotte explains.

"They really don't and it fucking hurts." I sigh.

Speaking to Charlotte actually makes things better. She called Lando and Charlotte to tell them I was doing okay, but they decided it was alright for me to stay at the hotel for the rest of the day.

After I'd calmed down, Charlotte and I watched some Netflix. Having a proper girls day in. That is until there's knocking on my door. Charlotte and I decide it's better for her to open it, not knowing who it is.

"Where is she?" I hear Lando's voice as Charlotte opens the door.

"She's okay Lando." Charlotte says, letting him in. Before I realise it, his strong arms are wrapped around my body.