46. Lando

"Have you spoken to Jona yet?" Charles asks as I report on the paddock, getting ready for FP2.

"No, there was no answer this morning when I knocked on the door. I'm guessing it was late?" I shrug. I'm confident everything is fine, if not I would've heard it already.

"Well prepare. Charlotte came in at four-thirty this morning. Completely wasted. Threw up in the toilet and then fell asleep. She did not want to wake up, complained of a headache. So I got changed and went here." He explains.

"Oh gosh. I've heard stories of Jona and Emily going out. Well we'll see when Jona reports for FP2." I chuckle, looking at my watch. She's got thirty minutes to report.

I am walking into the garage, ready to go for free practise two, when I say Jona walking into the garage. Sunglasses on.

"Alana, where's the social media phone?" I hear her asking Alana, as I stand on the scale for pre racing.

"Had fun last night I take it?" I hear Alana ask Jona.

"Definitely, but I'm not doing shots with those two ever again." Jona says probably referring to Charlotte and Emily.

"Good morning." I say, walking to Jona.

"Not so loud." She moans resulting in me chuckling.

"Sorry?" I say apologetically, giving her a quick kiss before getting into the car.

I can see Jona putting on her noice cancelling headphones, chuckling to myself. She really had a drink too many.

***

"Are you ready for the sprint race?" I ask Carlos, as we're both walking through the paddock.

"Definitely." He answers, Charles joining us.

"So she surfaced." Charles chuckles, referring to Jona.

"Oh she did, but Emily is still at the hotel and I'm guessing Charlotte is too?" I tell him.

"She is." Charles says giving me a look of understanding. "How Jona doing though?"

"I've heard she ran to the bathroom at least twice during FP2. She is wearing her noice cancelling headphones constantly and she is sitting in a corner of the garage. Not wanting to speak to anyone really." We all laugh.

"They really went all out, didn't they?" Carlos asks, resulting in more laughter from the three of us.

"What are you guys laughing about." We all stop laughing, realising that Charlotte has decided to make an appearance.

We turn around to see Charlotte and Emily standing behind us. Both wearing sunglasses, looking terrible.

"You two looking like you've been hit by a truck." Charles says, but before we could even respond to that, Emily asks where the nearest bathroom is. We give her directions, as she sprints off.

"I'm never doing this again." Emily says to Charlotte as she returns after what I can only imagine was emptying her stomach.

"Neither am I. But we're going out again in Belgium." Charlotte says, I have no idea what the girls did last night. And I don't think I even want to find out.

During sprint race, I managed to gain four positions. Making it into a decent qualifying position for tomorrow's actual race.

I didn't speak to Jona much today, as she wasn't really that talkative, but we went out for dinner with the same group as yesterday again. Jona, Charlotte and Emily all going for light meals, making sure their stomach could hold it.

Turns out they did some kind of drinking game last night, having the bartender switch shots every round. And as we all can imagine that didn't really end up well. They also told us about this guy that had cornered Charlotte, but they had resolved the issue themselves. Which they made sound pretty heroic, but I'm guessing they just made it sound like that.

***

"Well done Lando." Andreas calls over the radio as I pass the checkered flag. "P7, well done."

I silently cheer for myself, knowing I've got Daniel beat once again. But we did manage to get double points for the team.

"You don't even stop to amaze me." Jona says as we're entering the hotel room later that night. Emily took a flight home right after the race.

"Well I couldn't do it without you." I tell her before placing my lips on hers.

"It was a really great weekend, even if I didn't spent that much time with you." Jona says, as we're standing in the middle of the hotel room. Her arms wrapped around my neck, my hands resting on her hips.

"Yes it was." I agree, placing my lips on hers again, this time instantly deepening the kiss.

We just stand there enjoying each other, until a knock on the door makes us brake contact. I regain my posture, walking to the door.

"Hi man," Daniel says standing in the doorway.

"Hi?" I say confused.

"Do you guys want to come go to the arcade downstairs in the hotel. Just to have some fun?" He asks and I look at Jona. We were really having a moment, but I don't know how much of that is ruined by Daniel knocking on the door.

"What do you want?" I ask Jona, who sat down on the bed.

"I kinda wanna stay in. All the going out was a bit too much on my ankle." She admits.

"Then I'm gonna stay here as well." I tell Daniel, a disappointed look on his face.

"That's okay." He says before turning his back and walking away.