35. Lando

It's amazing how many things you can do in Barcelona when you have a Spanish driver with you. I knew this, but every year I'm amazed once again.

"I'm not eating fish." I state as we take a seat in a fancy tapas restaurant.

"We know," Jona answers, already very much aware of my hatred of fish. "I might though."

"You're brushing your teeth before you come anywhere close to my mouth then." I state seriously.

"Don't be such a baby." Jona says daringly.

"So I asked the chef to prepare a tapas tasting, no fish special for our baby." Carlos explains, as the waitor leaves, only having taken our drink orders.

"That sounds good, I'm terrible at choosing what I want to eat." Jona says, causing most of us to laugh. She really is bad at choosing, if there is anything like a tasting platter, she always chooses that.

The dinner was amazing. The chef prepared all these delicious Spanish foods for us, he even came out of the kitchen to explain each course to us. Clearly delighted to have two F1 drivers dining in his restaurant.

We are now sitting in the lounge bar of the hotel we're staying at. Isa and Jona are clearly enjoying the cocktails that are being made for them, whereas Carlos and I are both enjoying our sparkling water. Having to prepare for the race weekend from tomorrow, I really need to have my mind in it.

"Thanks for tonight." Isa says as she and Carlos get ready to return to their hotel. We say goodbye to each other.

Jona and I make our way up to her room. We should really tell Zak that one room is enough for us. But I don't think he'll change it up, knowing very well how prone to drama our relationship has been so far.

"So it's the 22nd on Sunday right" I ask Jona as we're both getting ready to go to bed. We'll be together for two months on Sunday.

"No it isn't" She says.

"Yes it is." I say looking at my phone for confirmation.

"No it can't be." She say, grabbing her phone to check if I'm lying or not. Panic crosses her face. "Shit."

"What's wrong?" I ask her actually getting worried myself.

"I'm late." She says scrolling through her phone frantically, I recognise the app as the one she tracks her birth control pill in.

"As in..." I start, but she chimes in rapidly.

"Yes, as in I should be on my period."

"Okay." I say calmly, registering what is happening in front of me. "Are you sure."

"Yes Lando, I've been getting my period on the pill consistently for three years now. I should be on it." She snaps.

"Calm down Jona, we'll figure it out." I tell her trying to calm her down, slowly starting to panic myself too.

"I can't be pregnant Lan." She says, still slightly panicing.

"We use condoms and you're on the pill, I'm sure it's just your body that is off." I tell her, knowing very well from my sisters that they had that problem as well. "You've been travelling a lot, that could affect it right?"

"Yeah it could." She sighs. "But I should do a test none the less. I need to know for sure."

"That's fine." I tell her, "But let's just try to get some sleep first.

***

Neither of us got a lot of sleep last night. Jona kept tossing and turning, making me wake up every time.

"I need to get to a drugstore." Jona says as soon as her alarm goes off.

"Jona calm down." I try. "You can't go yourself. The rumour mill has been going crazy, what do you think will happen if they see you buy a pregnancy test?"

"Well who's gonna buy it else?" She says, taking her pajama pants of, a dark red spot getting my attention.

"I don't think anyone has to anymore." I say, pointing to the stain in her pants.

I see Jona looking at the stain in relieve and making her way to the bathroom.

"Thank god," Jona says as she returns from the bathroom. "I was just a little late. I do need to go to the drugstore though. I need tampons."

"That's fine." I say a smile of relieve creeping on my face. I am so not ready to become a dad.

***

Jona decided to join us for the track walk today, as the PR-team has shut her out for the weekend. There's still a tremendous amount of rumors going around about Jona cheating and they want to keep her out of the spotlight.

Resulting in Jona roaming around the paddock in regular clothing rather than her McLaren interview.

Jona's taking pictures of us as we are walking the track. At least making sure I've got something to post on social media today. She's wearing her headphones, probably listen to a podcast. I can tell she's really enjoying herself.

One of the engineers snaps me out of my thoughts, by asking me a question.

"I am sorry can you repeat it please?" I ask diverting my attention back to what I should be doing.

"I was telling you that they redid this piece of tarmac, so there will be less grip here and in the next few turns as they changed tarmac there as well."

I take in the words, as we continue our track walk. Stealing glances at Jona every now and then.

***

"P7 isn't bad." Jona tells me, as we are enjoying a night in before the race.

"I know, it just felt like there was a little more in there." I tell her, grabbing my laptop to review the data.

"Well if you watch enough of the footage that I know is on there, maybe you can show it tomorrow." Jona says, grabbing the book she is reading from the nightstand.

We just both sit there on the bed in silence, enjoying each others presence. It feels comfortable, definitely more comfortable than previous relationships I've had after two months.

"Wake up." I whisper in Jona's ear the next morning. I just got up and retrieved a trolley with breakfast from the hallway, that was left there by roomservice om my request.

"What time is it?" She asks, rubbing her hands through her eyes, trying to wake up.

"Nine-thirty. Happy two months." I tell her placing a forceful kiss on her lips.

"Happy two months." She replies once we separate.

"So it being race day, I know there isn't much we can do, but I did get us breakfast roomservice." I tell Jona, pointing at the trolley with loads of food. There is fresh fruit, delicious croissants, some yoghurt and fresh granola. Pretty much everything you could wish for when it comes to breakfast foods.

"That looks wonderful," Jona replies sitting up, and I roll the trolley to her side of the bed.

We enjoy our breakfast together in peace, until we actually have to get to the track. Before we make our way to the track, I con Jona into taking a picture for Instagram. I quickly upload it, adding happy two months❤️ as a caption.