19. Jona

"Come on, just do it." I swipe my key card passed the lock on my door once again. A red light appears.

Stupid electronic locks.

The damn door just won't open, and I would really like to go to bed. I swipe it again, a red light appearing on the top of the lock.

I sigh sliding down to the ground. There's no receptionist downstairs anymore, as it's passed midnight, and I don't have a spare key. I check the number on the door for the hundredth time. 304. That's me, that's my room.

This stupid key card I'm holding has to get me into that room. But it won't.

There's three things I can do now:
1. Swiping the stupid card until it works;
2. Sitting here on the ground hoping someone sees me, or:
3. Walk back to Lando's room and ask him if I can stay the night there.

Somehow my brain thought it would be a good idea to choose option three. I slowly get up, feeling a bit dizzy on my feet. I should not have had that last drink.

I walk back to room 301, knocking on the door lightly.

A shirtless Lando opens the door. And may I remind you ladies and gentlemen, this guy is a trained Formula one driver, I could look at him all day.

"What's wrong?" He asks. All I can do is just stare at his amazing torso. "Jona? What's wrong?" Lando repeats his question.

"I uhm... The stupid key card won't work." I tell Lando holding up the card, Lando looking at me crazy.

"You know that's not your key card right?" He says motioning at the green coloured debit card in my hand.

"Shit, I'm sorry." I tell him, opening my wallet and putting away my debit card and taking out the white coloured key card. "Thanks anyway."

I turn around and walk back to my room, swiping the card again. But once more I see the red light appearing. "Jona?" Lando catches my attention.

"Yeah, it still won't work."

"That's because you're in front of 303, instead of 304." He tells me, blood rushing to my cheeks.

I'm guessing I definitely had a bit too much to drink. Lando's quick to my side, taking both me and the key card to my room, opening the door for me, and guiding me inside.

"You'll be alright?" Lando asks as he gives me my pajamas, which were laying on the bed, to change in the bathroom.

"I will," I tell him, getting out of the bathroom. "After you give me a good night kiss."

I did not just say that.

"Are you sure?" Lando asks me, all I can do is just nod. And that's enough for Lando to place his lips on mine.

Our lips move in sync for a bit. I can feel butterflies erupting in my stomach. I move my hands to Lando's hair, tangling my fingers in it. I trail my tongue over Lando's lip when he stops me.

"Jona, we shouldn't." He says.

"But we could." I tell him confident.

"We could, but you've had a lot of drinks tonight, and you're not in your right mind right now." He tells me, and I want to object, but I can't. I know he's right.

"Okay," I sigh. Letting my hands fall to my side.

"Let's get you to bed," Lando says motioning me to my bed. He tucks me in and plants a small kiss on my forehead. "Good night." He whispers, leaving my room after.

I can still feel the butterflies in my stomach, but tiredness taking over quickly. It doesn't take me long before I fall asleep.

***