5. Jona

*Lando Norris started following you.* 

The notification popped up on my Apple Watch as I was listening to a lecture about social media management. The professor was explaining how followers and the people you follow can have an effect on the rumour mill around athletes. 

"Em," I tap Emily's shoulder, who is sitting next to me. Rapidly typing on her laptop to take as many notes as possible. This lecture could be important for her internship, she really seemed to want to hold on to this information. "Em," I whisper again, as I did not get her attention the first time. 

"What?" She asks, diverting her attention from the lecture to me. I show her the notification on my watch. "It's probably some fan account, have you checked yet?" She asks. It could be, there are so many people who are using athletes names on social media. 

"No, after class." I tell her, the professor we have right now is really up tight as it comes to using your phone during class. If he sees it even just laying on your desk, he'll confiscate it until the end of class. And I was not willing to take that humiliation today. 

"So that's it for today. So for you mid-term report, I expect you all to analyse the social media of an athlete. Please make a quick scan of what they did well or wrong regarding presentation online. Please email me the athlete you'll be analysing for approval." 

I quickly shove my laptop and notebook into my bag, ready to leave the lecture hall. Anxious to check out the Instagram notification that had been prominent on my Apple Watch all this time. 

I open Instagram on my iPhone the notification appearing on top of my screen once again. I read the notification once again. 

@landonorris started following you. 

I press the tag, only to verify what I had been silently hoping the past hour. The verification sign appears next to the name on top of the page. 

Lando freaking Norris is following me. 

"It's him." I tell Emily as she exits the bathroom next to the lecture hall. I had been waiting for her in the hallway. 

"No way." 

"Yes way. It's the one and only Lando Norris who's following me on Instagram." 

"That must mean good news." Emily says excited. 

"I don't know. Maybe he followed all the candidates, just to get a better picture of all of us." I tell Emily trying to calm the nerves that have been building up in my stomach. 

"Or it means that my best friend will be interning at McLaren." Emily says sternly and hopeful. 

"I don't know, they were supposed to let me know something today. I have not yet heard anything from them." 

"You will. Trust me. And if you want to know quicker, you can always DM Lando now." she laughs, as we walk toward the exit of the building. 

*** 

As I open the door to our apartment, my phone starts ringing. I look at the number appearing on the screen. 

It's a British number that I do not recognise, but I do realise I have to get this quick. "I need to take this," I say to Emily, throwing my bag to the side in our hallway and quickly going to my room. 

"This is Jona," I say into my phone. 

"Hi Jona, it's Charlotte Sefton. Are you free to have a quick chat?" 

"Hi, yes that is fine." I answer quickly grabbing my notebook and taking a seat on my bed. 

"So I am calling with what I think is some good news." I swallow hard, something that must've been heard by Charlotte as well. "We would like to invite you over to Woking next week. For a formal introduction." 

"That is really great to hear. What is expected from me while I'm there?" 

"Well we've decided to let it be a two day orientation. On the first day we will be showing you around. On the second day we will give you some things to do, so we can see how you'd function. Don't worry too much about it, just be yourself and I think it all will be alright." 

"Alright that sounds fine. When do you expect me to be there?" 

"Uhh, next week is a race week, so we would like you to fly in on Sunday. Knowing that you have to come from The Netherlands we'd like you to do the orientation on Monday and Tuesday. You fly back on Wednesday." 

"Okay, and do I have to arrange my flight and hotel myself? It's totally fine if I have to, I just need to know." 

"Oh do not worry about that. We will arrange a flight for you as well as transport from the airport to your hotel here in Woking. Could you please send me you ID-details via email so I can book a flight for you?" 

"Thank you, yes I will." 

"Fantastic," Charlotte exclaims. "I will see you next week. 

"See you next week." I say as I end the phone call. Well I did not expect that. 

I quickly walk to the living room to see Emily waiting anxiously. "Tell me." See says as she sees me appearing. 

"I'm flying to Woking on Sunday." I say, a big smile appearing on my face. 

"I knew it!" Emily exclaims engulfing me in a tight hug. 

*** 

Flight KLM487 to London is now boarding the speaker announces. 

I stand up from my seat, quick to take a selfie before entering the plane. 

"Off to Woking for an internship interview! #excited" I write with my newly posted Instagram Story. 

I take my carry on suitcase with me, handing my boarding pass and passport to the flight attendant checking everyone in entering the plane. 

"Have a nice flight," she says as she hands me my passport and boarding pass back. 

I quickly take my seat in the plane. It's only about an hour to London, but it might feel like the longest plane ride in my life. Excitement is very prominent right now. 

-----------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading <3 

I definitely know where I want to go with this book, but I'm not sure how fast/slow I will upload. I generally just write and when I've finished a chapter I post it. 

This weekend is the Mexico GP!! What are your expectations?