9. Jona

"So that's it for the tour." Andreas tells me as we walk into the conference room where we started earlier this morning.

Let me admit, the McLaren building is very impressive. It's all a Formula 1 team could ever dream about needing. The newest technology, close to the factory people. Short lines when it comes t communication. It's awesome.

"I hope you enjoyed your tour." Zak says, taking a seat at the table, which is now covered with different sandwiches and other lunch foods.

"I did, but I might not be able to remember all the information." I tell him. A two hour tour around the premises involved a whole lot of information to be remembered.

"It's okay, even Lando doesn't know where to find everything." Zak chuckles signalling at Lando who just entered the conference room. I'm guessing Lando and Daniel have to eat lunch here too.

"Yeah, yeah I know. But why can't you keep dedicated rooms dedicated to a certain topic for longer than one season. I have to readjust every single season now." He says jokingly.

Lunch goes by very quickly, making some small conversations with Charlotte, Daniel, Zak and Lando. Andreas had other duties to attent, leaving the five of us together in the conference room.

"So it's time for your task for today." Charlotte says when we've all finished lunch. Zak has left the room to go do other tasks. Leaving me with with both the drivers and Charlotte.

"I'm ready." I tell her. Excited to get going, maybe it will calm my nerves a bit.

"Okay, so PR does not only mean managing the media interactions of these two." Charlotte says, motioning to Lando and Daniel. "It also means monitoring media, to figure out where dangers might be. To figure out what questions could be asked by media during race weekends." I nod, understanding what is being sad to me. "Therefore, I would like if you'd make an analysis of both Lando's and Daniel's instagram and twitter accounts."

Well that sounds like what I've been doing for my assignment at university. "I think I can do that."

"Well that's good. It's now two which is a bit later than I had expected you could start. How about you stay here until five and then present your findings to us tomorrow morning." Charlotte suggest.

"That's fine, I think I can manage that." I tell her, taking my laptop from my bag.

"Okay, I'll be at the office down the hall, if there's any questions just come to me." Charlotte explains, picking up her belongings.

Daniel also stands up, getting ready to leave the room. "Have fun looking at my face." He says giving me a slight wink.

"I will." I say laughingly. Can't deny that both McLaren drivers are a happy sight.

Once both Charlotte and Daniel have left the room, only Lando's still there. "Maybe you should leave me following you out of this." Lando suggests once every else is out of hearing range.

I'm guessing he really did that on his own, knowing Charlotte would probably not approve of it. But if he did it to me, it probably happens more often.

I look up at Lando's bright blue eyes. How can I say no to those. "Maybe you're right." I answer, agreeing with his suggest. Me telling him off could cause me to not get this internship.

The three hours I was given go by very fast. I enjoyed going through their social media. Daniel turns out to be a real goofball when it comes to social media. His Instagram is full of jokes, and he's clearly entertaining his fans through Instagram and Twitter. He loves to joke around, that's pretty much the vibe I'm getting. But through all this he really seems lik a sweet guy. There's a steady line in his socials, everything corresponding with each other.

And then we have Lando, he seems to be a goofball as well. His social media are mainly focussed on racing, which makes sense since it is of course what he is known for. But also his different hobbies are very visible in all of this. Moreover, you can really tell that Quadrant is his baby, and he's really proud of it. He loves to interact with fans, which he does quite well if I say so myself.

I am finishing up the last bit of the powerpoint presentation I'll be using tomorrow to present my findings to Charlotte, Zak, Lando and Daniel, when I am startled by someone knocking on the door of the conference room. I look up to see Charlotte standing there.

"It's five, are you all done?" Charlotte asks.

"Yeah, pretty much, just finishing up the presentation."

"Okay, I'll wait for you then, I'll be taking you back to your hotel." She says. I quickly scan over the slides I have ready. Adding a closing slide, and saving the file.

After arriving back at my hotel, I am suddenly met by a wave of loneliness. Being here without Emily or my dad. It's kind of silent. I look at the date on my phone. Only 6 days until the 8 year death anniversary of my mother.

I quickly go up to my room, I should get a shower to calm myself down before I go out to eat something. As I enter my room my phone starts ringing, Emily's name appearing on my screen.

"Hey Em." I say as I take her call.

"Hey Joon, what's wrong." I guess my sadness was already audible in my voice. I tell her how I was getting a bit lost in my thoughts. Thinking about the car accident me and my family had in the UK when I was 15 years old. I'm guessing yesterday and today were just too much of a reminder to that.

___________________
Hope you liked it! Next chapter will also be in Jona's POV. Same goes for the two after that, those are both written in Lando's POV.