27. Jona

I was surprised to see Lando at my soccer match last night. I did not even notice he was offline for a while as he was traveling here. But it was a very lovely surprise.

All of last night was very lovely I have to admit. I look beside me, Lando still sleeping. I wiggle out of the bed, making my way to my bathroom, noticing I feel a bit sore. A small smile creeping on my face thinking of last night.

I grab a towel and put it on the sink, before I get in the hot shower. The hot stream of water calms down my muscles, I didn't realize I was this tense.

I dry my body off, wrapping the towel around my body. I walk into my bedroom to see Lando scrolling on his phone. Guess I've been in the shower longer then I thought.

"You showered without me." He pouts placing his phone on the night stand.

"I did." I say biting my lip, showering with Lando sounds good. I walk over to my dressing grabbing a pair of underwear, a jeans and a sweater.

Placing the clothing items on my bed, where Lando is still sitting, I drop down the towel. Grabbing my slip and bra and putting it on.

"God, Jona you're really turning me on right now." Lando says biting his lip and going through his hair with his hand. And I have to admit I'm getting turned on as well.

"Go shower." I tell him sternly, knowing very well I would need another shower if he doesn't leave the room right now.

***

"So what are your plans for the rest of today?" Lando asks as we are sitting at the table eating lunch.

"Well, I was gonna go watch the Feyenoord match tonight at my dads place. You could come, I think he'd like to meet you." I suggest, it's not too early to meet the parent right?

"I'd very much like that." Lando says, taking another bite from his lunch.

My dad lives an hour drive from my apartment, so Lando and I decide to have dinner at his place as well.

"I think it's admirable that you drive so easy around here, but don't come near the steering wheel in the UK." Lando says, as I'm driving to my fathers house.

"I don't know, this is just normal I guess." I tell him. "But I spoke with my therapist about potentially driving in the UK. She actually thinks it could be good for my trauma processing." I admit.

"She does? Do you think you're ready for it?" Lando asks me, I can see the hesitation in his face. Him definitely remembering my breakdown in Woking the first time I was there.

"She does, but I'm not sure. We're doing some more EMDR first. But that's not as effective via Zoom." I tell him. "She told me to start small, so maybe try to drive on the McLaren parking lot or something."

"I can help you." Lando offers.

"I'm not driving your way to expensive car. What if I crash it?"

"Well I don't think you'll crash it that fast. You've had your drivers license for 5 years right?" He says, giving me a bit more faith.

The night at my dad's place went really well. My dad and I watch the game, while I saw Lando being on his phone a lot. I know he pretty much just went to be with me, but it's okay. I'll probably have to compromise another time.

"So you probably think my dad and I are crazy, with us yelling at the screen all the time." I say to Lando as we're driving home.

"Nah, it's cute when you get angry at the ref." He says poking my cheek lightly, as so he can't really distract me. "I can only hope that's how you are when watching my races." He chuckles.