42. Lando

"How are you guys doing?" Max F asks as I am sitting in his car, on our way to Woking. I don't know what time Jona's flight is landing, but I know very well that I want to be at the office when she has her first physical therapy appointment. Which is in 2 hours.

"We're good, we're really good." I tell Max, butterflies going through my body. I really think Jona might be the one.

"Good as in she could really be the one good?" He asks, looking at me proudly.

"I think so." I admit, a blush forming on my cheeks. "I'm thinking she could move into my place here. But I'm scared to ask. I mean, we're practically always together. She spend a lot of time in my Monaco house as well. It just feels logical."

"You seem really happy around her." Is all Max answers, as we're pulling into the MTC parking lot. "Don't screw this up."

I get out of the car and into the building making my way to Kim. I know Jona's got an appointment with her, because she asked me to set it up.

"Lando? What are you doing here." Kim asks as I enter her office.

"You're treating Jona, right?" I ask her for confirmation.

"I am. She'll be here in half an hour. She was able to take an earlier flight. You can wait here. As long as you're quiet. I've got some stuff to read through." She tells me and I take my seat in one of the chairs.

It doesn't take that long for Jona to arrive at Kim's office. "Lando, what are you doing here?" She asks launching herself at me wrapping my arms around her.

"I took an earlier flight from Canada, thought I'd surprise you." I tell her, releasing her from my grip and taking in her appearance. The leg her cast was on looks so thin now.

I say my goodbye to Jona soon after reuniting with her, letting her go through the first therapy session on her own.

"Fuck." I hear Jona exclaim from the therapy room, as I'm waiting in the hallway. She must be hurting a lot.

"Are you okay?" I ask as Jona exits the room.

"Yeah, it's all so stiff it freaking hurts." She tells me, still using her crutches but walking a bit better than she did with her cast. "But let's go home now, I'm tired from all the flying and travelling."

"Home, whose home?" I ask her trying to get an opening to ask the question that's been on my mind for a while now.

"Yours." She says, without thinking. "I can go outside there."

Jona gets into my car, I left here before I went to Azerbaijan.

"So I was thinking." Jona starts as I'm driving to my house. "When I'm cleared to drive, I'd like to try driving here."

"Okay, just let me know whenever that is, and I'll be by your side." I tell her, giving her a little confidence boost.

"I will." She says.

***

"So there's something I've been wanting to ask you." I say to Jona as we're having dinner that night.

"What's that?" She asks, before taking another bite of her pasta.

"So you know how we're spending most of the time together anyway." I start very nervous. "And I know people might think it's too early, but I don't care. So uhm I was wondering if you'd like to move in with me."

She's quiet. Dead quiet.

"You don't have to answer right away." I tell her, as she's still quiet.

"It's soon," She starts. "But let's just do it." A bright smile on her face. I stand up from my seat at de dining table making my way to Jona, before pressing my lips on hers.

I like how quiet Woking gets, I think to myself as Jona and I are walking up and down the street later that night. She was determined to do a little walk, just to get the stiffness out of her foot. I love the hustle of a big city like Monaco or London, but I love that here it's just quiet and no one really bothers me.

"Okay that may have been too much pushing it." Jona sighs as we enter the house again.

"Well, now you know how far you can go." I tell her, handing her an icepack so she can cool her ankle while she takes a seat on the couch.

"Yeah, I'm hoping I can do the necessary walking at Silverstone though." She says.

"You know, you don't have any McLaren duties yet right?" I tell her, trying to make her realise she needs to take account of what her limitations could be then.

"I know, but I'd like to do a bit more than I did lately. Maybe just accompany Daniel to the pen or something. Just that." She says, a determined look on her face.

"As long as you're not forcing it. I'll have Flo come after you if you don't." I tell her, knowing very well that my sister will be at Silverstone too.

"Flo's coming?" Jona asks, she's barely seen her, only talking to each other via Whatsapp and FaceTime.

"So are my parents, Oliver and Cisca." I tell her.

"Why didn't you tell me? Now I am even more determined to have this stupid body fixed." She tells me, well that didn't work out.

***

"Where's your other crutch?" I ask Jona as she's walking into our sim room at MTC. Only three days until media day at Silverstone.

"I ditched it."

"You did not." I tell her sternly.

"I did, it started bothering me and Kim told me it was okay to use only one." She says, taking a seat, watching Daniel drive virtual laps around the Silverstone circuit.

"So I take it your physical therapy went well?" I ask her.

"It did, I could also start not using the crutches around the house as well. So like when cooking or just doing stuff at home." She explains a bright smile on her face. She really hates the crutches.

"So I finished your interviews with me," Jona says as Daniel joins us on the couch. Jona pulls up a document on her laptop, that looks like it belongs in a magazine. "Don't you dare delete the file, but I really liked it, so here it is you guys can read it if you want."

Daniel takes the laptop from Jona, carefully scrolling through the page she wrote about him. "This looks amazing, they should let you do this for our website or something." Daniel says.

"Thanks," Jona answers a small blush on her face.

"Awh look at that Daniel, you're making my girl blush." I chuckle, making Jona's blush even more dark.

"Do you want to read it as well?" Daniel asks, holding the laptop out for me to read it.

"I already did, just without the graphics." I tell him, taking the laptop from him to check out what Jona did to it visually.

"This looks amazing." I tell Jona as I hand her the laptop back.

————————————————
For me, today marks the start of the final f1 race this season. I'm doing double uploads this weekend because of that.

What are you hoping for this weekend? Honestly I'm hoping for Seb on the podium as a final goodbye.