54. Lando

"Have fun with the warehouse hunt." Jona says, pecking my lips before getting on her bike and cycling to her soccer club with Emily. 

I grab my phone and jacket, getting into Emily's car, she kindly lent to me. She's in on everything, and Daniel just helped a bit without knowing it. 

I put in the address of Jona's father into the GPS. I've been there before but I have no idea how to get there. Nerves racing through my body as I get closer to his house. I can't believe I will be asking him for his daughter's hand in marriage. 

I park the car in front of the house, Mike, Jona's father having seen me park, has already opened the door. 

"Lando, come in." He says holding the door open. 

"Thanks mr. Middel." I say walking into his living room. 

"I told you, please call me Mike." He said. "Can I get you anything to drink?" 

"Water is fine." I answer taking a seat on the couch. 

"So what brings you here exactly?" He asks, putting a glass of water in front of me, taking a seat on the opposite couch. 

"Well, I've actually got an important question to ask you." I start, my voice trembling a bit. "In the past, almost year, I've grown very fond of your daughter. And I'd like to get your blessing to ask her to marry me." 

I look up at Jona's father, realising I barely looked at him while asking the question. Mike has tears in his eyes. 

"Lando, I'd be so honoured to have you as a son-in-law." He says then, standing up and walking over to me engulfing me in a hug. 

"Thank you, sir." I tell him. 

I stay a bit longer, as I get to know him a bit better. Realising I had not gotten the chance to really talk to him yet. 

"You'll let me know when you're going to propose, right?" Mike asks, as I get up to leave his house. It's already eleven thirty. 

"Of course I will." I tell him, getting into the car and driving home. I quickly text Emily that I got his blessing, before calling Max F. 

"Why are you calling me, I'm streaming." He says. 

"Oh shit, is the sound off?" I asks, before actually going into depth. 

"Yeah, but let me get out of the room. This sounds important." Max says as I hear a door close. "Now go ahead." 

"We've got a proposal to plan." I tell Max. "I just asked Jona's dad if I could marry her, and he gave me his blessing." 

"Dude, this is huge." Max says, excitedly. "I'll totally help you, planning this. When do you want to propose? Austin could be awesome." 

"Not Austin, that's too much for her. It's nine years since the accident then." I explain. 

"Mexico then?" 

"That sounds great." I admit, before saying goodbye to Max. Adrenaline rushing through my veins, realising I am really going to do this. 

I am going to ask Jona if she wants to marry me. 

*** 

The Dutch Grand Prix is one big party. It was already amazing last year, but at full capacity it's even more exciting. 

The crowd is roaring, cheering for pretty much every driver on the grid. 

Before getting into the car for the first free practise, I open my group chat with the whole grid. Jona has a game tonight, and how awesome would it be if many of us could go and watch. 

Anyone care to join me in going to support Jona in her soccer match tonight?

I put my phone away, grabbing my helmet and stepping onto the scale. I put my earphones in, followed by putting the helmet over my head. 

Let's go. 

Finishing fourth in both free practises is definitely something I can move forward with. Content with what I have accomplished, I walk into the media pen for interviews. 

When I get back to the garage I grab my phone. Looking through our group chat, I can see that the whole grid wants to join in. Jona's going to be so surprised. 

I'm in a car with Charles, Carlos, Max and George as we're driving to Jona's match. 

"So how's the secret plan coming?" Charles asks as he notices Carlos, Max and George are invested in a conversation of their own. 

"Pretty good." I admit, knowing he's talking about the possible proposal. 

"You've picked a moment yet?" He asks. 

"Have you?" I ask, knowing he's been thinking about proposing as well. 

"A moment for what?" Carlos suddenly asks, making Charles and I shut up. 

"Nothing." We both say in unison. 

"And this is why it's not nothing." Max states. "Now tell us what's the secret plan?" 

"Lando's proposing." Charles blurts out, making my cheeks turn red. 

"Charles." I say, faking annoyance. Yes, I don't like him telling it, but I know I can trust these boys to keep quiet. 

"Seriously, congrats." George says, patting my shoulder lightly as I'm the one driving. 

I park the car at Jona's home soccer ground, and we make our way to the stands. Max and I having been here before we lead the way. 

The match is about to start, when I can see Emily pointing at me, making Jona look. 

A bright smile on her face as she notices al twenty drivers came out to cheer her on. 

"Jona we love you!" Daniel yells, making all of us laugh including Jona on the pitch. 

Turns out having athletes watching amateur sport is a terrible idea. We're all getting too invested in the game, excitedly cheering on Jona. Getting slightly angry at the ref when they make weird decisions. 

When the ref signals for the end of the match, we all stand up cheering. Jona's team having won 3-2. 

We all walk down to the pitch, congratulating Jona on the win. 

"We should get a picture of us all." Jona suggest. "My soccer team and you all?" 

"Sounds fun." I say quickly gathering all twenty drivers as we're getting ready for a group picture. We take the group picture, before having Max take one of us as well. 

I can tell Jona puts it on Instagram immediately. 

Having the best support definitely helps <3

I quickly like the picture, posting it myself too. I can already imagine her hand wearing a ring. 

"Just propose already." I can hear Pierre say as she walks away. 

I look at Pierre in disbelief. "Everybody knows?" I ask, most of the grid nodding. 

"You two are meant to be." Seb says, making my heart swell. 

"Thank you Seb." I say as we're waiting for Jona to return from the shower. "And yes I'm planning to propose. But I don't know when and where yet so keep your mouths shut." I tell them all. 

The Intern || A Lando Norris Fanfictionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें