43. Jona

"Are you nervous for this weekend?" I ask Lando as we're driving to our hotel near the Silverstone circuit.

"I'm more excited than nervous I think." He answers, tapping the steering weel on the beat of the music.

"Good, I wouldn't want you being nervous in the car during you home race." I tell him. I can tell he's actually nervous. He's been for the last two days.

It is why I asked if Flo and Oliver would join us for dinner tonight. Just to take the edge off a bit. Lando just doesn't know it yet.

We check into the hotel, immediately making our way to the track after that. Lando having his media duties, and me trying to convince Alana that I can do the escorting to the media pen again.

I walk into the McLaren hospitality only to be met by two very female arms hugging me. "Jona it's so good to see you." Flo says.

So far for getting back on track.

"How's the foot?" She asks, freeing me from her grip.

"Better." I say wiggling my foot a bit.

"You weren't going to up you duties, were you?" She asks, a sly smile on her face.

"Lando told you, didn't he?" I sigh, not happening today I guess. Flo just chuckles. "I guess we're spending the day."

***

"You know he speaks very highly of you?" Oliver says as we're sitting in the restaurant, waiting for our food. Lando just went to the bathroom, and I'm guessing this is gossip time.

"He does." Flo chimes in. "I've never seen him this fond of a girl."

"Oh stop it, you're just trying to make me blush." I tell them, earning a laugh from both of them.

"Oh no we are not. You're just all he thinks and speaks about." Flo says.

"Who's all who thinks and speaks about?" Lando's voice apparent behind me.

"No one." Flo says rapidly.

The rest of the night goes by very fast, and I've grown to love these two Norris siblings as well. You can definitely tell they're family, but they love each other a lot. They also have a similar sense of humor, resulting in us laughing a lot.

As we're saying goodbye, Oliver gives me a hug as well. "He seems tense, maybe you can make him relax a bit." Oliver whispers in my ear, before releasing his grip. Goosebumps appear all over my body, the wine I had with dinner buzzing through my veins.

I then say goodbye to Flo, before Lando and I make our way back to the hotel.

"So," Lando says closing the door of the hotel room behind us. Our hands still intertwined.

"So what?" I say turning around, facing him rather than walking into the room further. Lando doesn't even answer the question, just smashing his lips into mine.

I deepen the kiss, moving my lips in sync with his, granting his tongue acces. Lando's hands roam over my body, finding their way to my upper legs. I put my legs around his body, Lando lifting me up, and taking me to the bed.

He's trailing my neck with kisses, while his hand slides up my dress. It's a tight fitting dress, so if he pushes up one side, he's probably pushing up both. His hand finds his way to my string, playing with the fabric. I can't help but let a moan escape my lips.

I tangle my hands in his hair, moving his lips from my neck to my mouth. Making sure that I won't be too loud.

***

"This is the worst hickey you've ever left." I tell Lando, as I'm trying to cover it with make up. The love bite prominent on my neck, above the collar of my shirt.

"I'm so not sorry about that." He says a playful smile on his face, as he's walking into the bathroom, fully dressed in McLaren clothing.

"You should be, because I'm gonna be bothered with questions and jokes about it the whole damn weekend." I say, putting another layer of concealer over it.

"Can't you wear a scarf or something?" Lando suggests, as he's doing his hair.

"Wearing a scarf in the middle of summer sure isn't suspicious." I tell him, both laughing at how stupid it actually is.

I take the single crutch with me, before exiting the hotel room, and leaving to go to the track.

There's definitely a huge amount of Lando fans here. There's a huge amount of fans here for pretty much every British driver on the grid.

As we're making our way to the garage, we're stopped by many fans asking for photographs and signatures. Lando making as much time for them as possible, and me helping as many fans a possible to get their merchandise signed.

In the garage I get the phone to tweet about the session again. Taking my seat in the area where Lando's family is as well.

"So what is it you've got to do today?" Oliver asks me standing next to me.

"Tweet what's happening. That's pretty much it. During FPs it's really easy, but during the race it's more crucial, keeping people updated pretty much every lap."

"So you're basically spending the whole race on your phone?" He asks.

"Pretty much." I chuckle.

Turns out the team decided not to go out in FP1 due to the weather conditions, but in FP2 Lando truly showed it was his home race and he was not here to finish without points. Ending with a third time in the second free practise he can be really proud of it.

"Jona are you ready for your physical therapy?" Kim asks, entering the garage after the second free practise.

"Just let me change." I tell Kim going to Lando's drivers room, and putting on some work out clothes. Even if it won't be high intensity it might be a sweaty session because of the pain and struggle.

I go back to the garage seeing Kim standing there. "So today we're going to go for a walk. Around the circuit." She says. That's more than 5 kilometers.

"I can't do that." I tell Kim, pretty sure a 5km walk is too far for me.

"We'll see that. I've got clearance, so we're allowed to do the walk now. We're taking both crutches so whenever you feel like needing more support there's another crutch. If you need to rest for a bit we can do that too. But we're gonna walk around the circuit anyway."

Kim's really a good physical therapist, really pushing my limits while I'd like to stay in my comfort zone. But I know I need this, because I won't ever recover else.

"It freaking hurts." I say to Kim as we're walking through Copse corner.

"Do you need to rest?" She asks.

"I want to quit, not rest. Go back to the hotel and cool it with ice." I tell her. My ankle throbbing in pain.

"That's fine." Kim says, grabbing her phone from her pocket and calling for what I guess is a car that is allowed to pick us up.

"Lando's got a massage table in his room right?" Kim asks as we're sitting in a car that's driving us back to the pit lane.

"He does." I confirm.

"Good, I need to check somethings out before we're actually done." Kim says, as we're climbing out of the car.

We walk to Lando's drivers room, which is by no surprise empty. I take a seat on the massage table, taking off my socks and shoes so Kim can work her magic.

"It all feels good, but keep icing it after tough days like today. I'm proud of you, I didn't even think we'd make it to turn four." Kim tells me.

"Thanks." I tell Kim as she's still pushing and pulling my ankle.