eighty

knowing that they would be on their honeymoon when their two year anniversary came up, louis had hidden a few presents for his husband in different bags that way he wouldn't find all of them at the same time.

harry did find one on accident, but he refused to open it even when louis told him he could. he said he would wait until their anniversary because it would ruin the surprise and he probably worked hard on finding something for him. he loved his thoughtfulness. he really did.

but now that the cat known as his anniversary present is out of the bag, he just wants to ram his head into a wall. his presents won't top this.

niagara fucking falls. how is he supposed to be the better gift giver now?

harry's lip jutted in a little pout when he saw the stumped look on his husband's face. "what's wrong?"

"i'm mad at myself."

"why?"

"'cause my gifts suck."

"bullshit. i bet they're wonderful." harry knelt onto the bed in the back of the plane, crawling towards the smaller man. "you didn't have to get me anything, bunny. you are more than enough for me."

"but..." louis frowned. "i like getting you cool presents. i just can't top this."

"whatever."

"i'm serious. you always have the best ideas and you spoil me too much. stop it."

harry tutted. "that's too bad. someone's got to do it and it's gonna be me. sorry, love." he ruffled louis' hair. "my job as your husband is to do my very best to make sure you are happy, loved, and given the world. so. kiss my ass."

"bend over."

chuckling, harry kissed his forehead. "you could make me macaroni art and i would love it. it's not even about the gift itself. it's the fact it came from you."

"ugh, gross. i think i'm gonna be sick." louis gagged, biting the corner of his lip in uncertainty when harry grinned at him. "you mean it?"

"i mean it. i would rather have you over everything else on earth."

louis nodded and accepted the handful of kisses that harry gave him. there were definitely more than four. he lost track.

"stop doubting yourself." harry squished his cheeks. "i made you my husband for a reason."

"to kill me and take my money and everything i own?"

"obviously. why else would i marry an older man?"

"so you like older men, huh."

"maybe i do. my older man calls me daddy though, so the roles got reversed somehow."

louis cracked a grin. "crazy."

"he drives me there, yeah," harry hummed softly. "i love him to bits, but i hate that he's mean to himself. he's my best friend and i don't like it when he thinks he or what he does is not good enough. he's the best ever."

the blue eyed man nodded his head and toyed with the jewelry around his partner's neck. he's worn this necklace for so long and it's still in perfect condition.

"i love you," he told him.

"i love you," harry replied, just as soft. "so much."

"will you please open a present?"

"how many are there?"

"four."

"fine. i'll open one."