forty eight

"so here—" niall pointed to a small section on the makeshift map. "—is where i will park, and here—" another section not too far away comes in sight. "—is where you guys will enter. liam has until midnight to get through their security because that's when overnight alarms lock. he's got plenty of time, but i've even tried it. it's quite tricky."

"he'll get it. i believe in him."

niall continued to run through the plan with the underboss for their heist tonight and found himself interested in why louis' newest craving was mcdonald's fries with honey.

"and he said i was weird," the irish boy huffed.

"you literally eat your grilled cheeses with applesauce. that's weird as hell." harry scoffed and looked around the dining room. mitch never uses his party house but surely the man has something to drink in here.

niall watched as harry got up and peeked into the fridge. "hey. those stoner combinations are life changing. what did you always say to me? don't knock it 'til you try it. promise you, it's worth it."

harry sighed and tossed him a water bottle. "sure."

"i'll have the car in an hour. it's a black nissan gt-r. there won't be anything indentification wise on it."

"heard that. and we're meeting back here, right?"

"yes. mitch will be waiting for us."

harry nodded and sat back at the table, circling each point with the pen niall was originally using to scribble down their plans. he moved the map to the side and re-read niall's notes, skimming over bits and pieces that looked important. times, movements, positions, all of it was on this sheet.

the cut was what grabbed his attention. niall bargained the boss higher than harry ever could have. that boy sure has a way with words, but he probably did it because he does quite a bit for mitch.

if anything, he should have been the underboss instead of harry, but niall declined the position because he's not even a fully sworn in member of the clique. he's that backburner piece that always comes in handy when needed. instead of taking an actual part in the gang, niall deals inside of the club and considers it a "side job." mitch gets his drugs sold, niall makes extra pocket money, it's all a-okay between the two of them.

plus, he is fully equipped with gun knowledge. he has a weapon of his own and uses it when necessary but he has only had to use it three times in the few years he's been with blackwater. that's a lot less compared to harry, or liam. louis' not in the clique and he's shot someone twice. hell, even cara has used hers more than niall has and she's been in the clique for less than a year.

harry likes to consider niall silent but deadly. he knows his way around important matters and keeps his nose to himself. what happens around him happens, and if it doesn't involve him then he doesn't put himself in the middle of it. the only way he comes in and makes himself known is if he feels like something is out of place regarding liam's position, or if anything has happened to louis and/or zayn. otherwise, he just does what he does and works on other things when requested. which is exactly why harry asked for him to be the getaway driver. he's fast, he's aware, and he can definitely shoot a clean hole through a window and kill someone while driving behind them.

"what's juicy booty up to today?"

"i swear to god, if you keep calling him that," harry laughed. "one of these days he's gonna beat you."

"he loves it."

"whatever. he was asleep when i left so i'm assuming he's still in bed. he might-" harry checked the time on his phone and held up a finger as a cue to hold on before calling the devil himself.