forty four

HI! how do we feel about the new cover?

this chapter will be a mess, fair warning. a good mess though. a really, really good mess. there is a time skip, which mentions progression! ❤️‍🔥

—-

"if a prostitute gets pregnant, is it considered a work related accident?"

harry turns his head so slowly that it makes louis giggle to himself. he looks done with him.

"what the fuck?"

"seriously, think about it. if a prostitue," louis holds one hand out, "gets pregnant," the other hand comes out, then louis clasps them together. "would it be a work related accident?"

"i just got done sucking your dick and this is the first thing you say?"

"well...no. i did tell you that you're amazing and i love surprises." the smaller man pokes his cheek. "and then i asked that question, which you have yet to answer."

"i don't think so," harry purses his lips. "they probably wouldn't get worker's compensation for it."

louis drops his hands. "well that sucks." he smirks a little. "ha, get it. 'cause-"

the younger man shuts him up by covering his face with a pillow. "it is ten in the morning."

"good morning!" is a muffled shout from behind the pillow, and louis is smiling wide when the cushion is removed from his face. "you chose to wake up early. i had to."

"i woke up because you told me to get up."

"i'm sorry i get lonely."

harry croons and pins himself above the boy. "never want you to be lonely, baby." he then drops dead weight on top of louis, making the man groan out. "never, ever, ever, ever."

"jesus," louis coughs, "warn someone before you try and kill them next time."

"but that ruins the whole surprise. i thought you liked surprises."

the smaller man sighs and massages his hands up and down the top of harry's back once breathing feels safe. "you're such a dork, you know?"

"mhm."

"'kay. just wanted to make sure."

harry grins against his neck. "uh huh."

"uh huh," louis mocks him. "now get 'ff me, you twat. i gotta get ready."

louis attends his appointment with his therapist and comes out...heavier. it was a good session, but they've been tackling a lot of the what if's that settle in the back of louis' mind. what if he never came to california? what if he never met mylo? what if he never saved zayn when he overdosed?

many things could have happened just from those three things alone. the possibilities were endless.

louis thinks if he had never came to california, he would be having another restraining order put out on mylo even if the man was going to violate it again. he would possibly still be walking on eggshells and making mason scout the parking lot before he left work. shark would still be in england, he would still have his beloved mercedes, and he definitely would not have any new body modifications.

if he had never met mylo, he would still be working at paralyzer but further in his schooling. he wouldn't be in therapy for the third time.

if he had never saved zayn, he would have either taken himself out of his own misery or killed mylo for killing his best friend. either way, he was going to make damn sure he was out of there for once and for all.