thirty six

i LOVE this chapter. <3

—-

louis adjusts the bowtie around his neck and smooths his shirt down even though it's already tucked into his jeans. he wiggles his toes under his vans and pats his pockets to make sure his wallet and phone are in them before grabbing his keys.

"i'm off to pick up my date!" he calls across the hallway.

"be safe! be back home by one!"

the smaller man pokes his head into the bedroom. "can i stay at his house tonight? please, oh please?"

"will there be adult supervision? will somebody be able to contact me in case of an emergency?"

louis purses his lips. "well, he's a 21 year old living at home by himself and his cat doesn't know basic math, so...no. gotta go!" he dips out of the room. "bye, love you!"

"love you back!" he hears zayn shout as he shuts the door behind him.

niall bounces down the steps and gives him a hug before disappearing into the bottom floor apartment belonging to them. he's such a lovely lad, always letting his people know he loves them. louis is really happy zayn has niall in his life.

he stops at a local flower shop just to be a sap and finds a bouquet of colorful daisies. he grabs a white teddy bear as well and pays for the items before driving to harry's. he told him to "dress snazzy, yet comfortable", so he's expecting him to go all out as usual.

it's been a while since they've gone out together, just the two of them. especially since the fight, since louis has been cooped up in one of their humble abodes away from everyone so he can relax and heal himself correctly. going to liam's was his last outing and that was nearly a week ago. and harry's birthday is on sunday, so he needs his ribs to magically mend themselves back to proper stability so he can do what he had in mind. if not, that's fine, but harry went above and beyond for his birthday. he deserves all of that and more too.

he holds the bear and flowers in his arm as he knocks on his boyfriend's door like the gentleman he is. after a moment with no answer, he proceeded to knock continuously until footsteps arrived behind the door.

"hi!" he gives him a toothy smile when harry makes an appearance.

"well, hello," harry grins softly once he sees who the door-assaulter was, and motions to louis' arm. "these for your boyfriend?"

"mhm," louis holds the items in his arm out to him. "he's super cute and he buys me flowers so i thought i would return the favor. they're colorful 'cause he's a little fruitcake."

"i see," harry peers down at the flowers as his cheeks go pink. "i think he'll love them. i'll go put them up for him."

he opens the door wider for louis to step inside and puts the flowers in the kitchen. then, he grabs everything he needs and tells emma he's leaving before taking the hand that was held out to him.

"your nails look pretty," louis says as he admires the handiwork he did a few days ago. "i like the little dick on your pinky."

"thank you. he gave me five bucks to get it done."

"quite the bargain," the smaller man hums as he stands on his tiptoes to plant a kiss to his lips. "ready?"

"as ever," harry tugs on louis' bowtie to pull him in for another one. "you look quite handsome tonight, bunny."

"as do you, love." louis eyes the outfit harry has on, which is much different than he expected. a solid black tee shirt under a black and blue flannel with a maroon headscarf tied into his hair, his casual hole-y jeans and white high top converses. definitely not what he thought he would wear, completely opposite of louis' black button up shirt with the red bow tie, dark blue skinnies and vans.