sixty seven

this is just a filler chapter that is wholesome and brings a lot of peace. i love it. <3

—-

quite a bit has happened in the last few months.

for starters, shark turned 14. harry threw a tiny birthday party since he had nothing better to do. he discovered quickly that the cat was a scorpio and it made so much sense. he's an early november baby, november 9th to be exact. harry bought party hats and bought him a little cake in the shape of a fish. he then remembered that it was way past emma's birthday (she's a leo, the fiesty little shit) so he had to get her a cake too. it was an all around cat-day party. they both got fish shaped cakes and toys.

louis passed another semester of college. he turned 25 at the end of his semester. his parents flew in from doncaster to visit this time, and they got to meet all of their friends in person instead of over the phone. jay scolded harry for getting arrested and learned that he is an ex-gang member — she nearly choked louis in front of everyone at his own birthday party and did not talk to mark for three hours because he knew this whole time.

harry sat and talked to her for an hour about everything. he didn't tell her what he did to mylo. he didn't tell her that he set up a hit to kill mylo's brother. all he did was tell her that since he was 18, he had sold drugs, been in a lot of fights, and got busted for setting a car on fire. never once did he attempt any of these drugs. he showed her healed scars from fights and a stab wound on his thigh that was barely noticeable. she cried, really, because she hated the image of young harry having to deal with those troubles. she told him about the times mark sold drugs before louis was born and that was how they met. they went to school together, but were in different grades, and he had drugs at a party. the only thing she did was hit a joint, but ever since then, they were joined at the hip.

she had watched mark deal drugs. steal drugs. hide drugs. she knew what being a drug dealer could entail and the fact her son followed her footsteps without her knowing made her tell harry she felt like she failed as a mother. harry assured her that she didn't. she raised the smartest, kindest, humble individual that would risk his own life to save his friends. she raised the man he was going to marry when he swore to himself at 15 he didn't want to do that kind of thing. there was just something about louis that changed all of that for him.

did jay give him a slap to the back of the head for getting in legal trouble? yes. she is his future mother in law and as that role, it is her job to treat him like a child of her own. she did the same to zayn when he kept getting in trouble back in england. his own parents gave up on him at one point, so it was jay's responsibility to at least try to turn him out somewhat decent. she has watched these two boys grow up from little kids that were inseperable to the point zayn had his own dresser in louis' bedroom, to grown men who make more money than mark did as a dope slinger and have finally found happiness within themselves.

they spent christmas together. harry and jay made a big dinner and invited everyone over. liam, niall, zayn, even mitch, cara, and jessie. michael couldn't come because he and calum were visiting family for two weeks in australia, but sent them a card with a family portrait of them and their hamster. his name is hammy.

new years eve was a crazy night for inferno. louis made fifty thousand dollars. that's the highest yet, if he remembered correctly.

a sick new years party was thrown at harry's house the night after. they got trashed. harry somehow managed to get himself stuck on the stairs, his arm trapped between the railings. he was trying to prove a point that he was still kind of skinny and lanky, which was a fat lie.

he, liam, and zayn had turned his basement into an at home gym like mitch's so that he could keep himself occupied. he's muscular as fuck now and his fiancé has this undying urge to just take a bite of him when he can. it took a bit of work when he got stuck, but niall managed to get him free and gave him another beer so he would stop crying.