twenty six

late night roundups with mitch mean that they're about to make good money.

usually because the boss is the driver, so he's not doing a lot of the dirty work. mitch and harry aim for one night a week for roundups because a large portion of their traffic comes through inferno. the rest are outsiders, people roughly harry's age or even people he went to college with. half of them are hooked on coke now. they come to harry for their drugs, pay the man extra if he's coming super late at night, and harry comes back a week later to resupply.

he hates being away from louis after the boy has had a bad day. louis said the world was against him today because he dropped his phone and cracked the screen protector (luckily it was just the protector, they can get a new one), accidentally ripped his i.v. out and he lost his favorite lighter, so he couldn't even go smoke.

zayn hid it from him. he already knows.

he's made two-thirds of his sales by the time three rolls around. as he smokes a cigarette, he counts the money in his lap for the third time. he gets half and mitch gets half. it should honestly be 60/40, harry getting the 60% because mitch is just sitting in his car while harry hopes he doesn't have to put a bullet in anyone's head every round he makes.

"how many more?"

"five," harry mumbles as he combines the stacks. they can officially split it later. "got a trio that owes about 1500 each and if they don't have it tonight they're done for."

"aye," mitch nods and checks to make sure liam is in the car behind them before heading to their next destination.

since louis got hurt, he's off of work until he recovers and the poor boy has been bored out of his mind. he's in the hospital for another night, making his stay a total of five days, and harry has a surprise for him when he gets home.

one thing harry has learned is that louis is a big baby.

sick, injured, or sleepy, he is the biggest baby harry has ever met. he wants affection, attention, and food. so, being the helpful partner he is, harry made louis write a list of any and everything he wanted and went on a shopping spree two days ago. not only did he supply the injured boy with desired snacks and drinks, but he stocked him up with candles for his bedroom, a warm blanket for the hospital, and even found him a stuffed bunny rabbit to cuddle with when harry isn't there. it's light grey, fuzzy, with floppy ears and black eyes and the cutest little pink nose. harry may or may not have taken a nap with it. and he may or may not have put some of his cologne on it to keep his scent on it for him.

plus, harry feels like shit for what happened. he still wishes he was the one that got shot. seeing louis in pain hurts him, too, because he knew just how independent louis is. he is so used to being able to do everything on his own and now he has his arm bandaged up supported by a sling — the boy feels absolutely helpless because his arm is messed up.

mitch has definitely cut harry some slack in the situation just because his main concern is louis right now. he's not doing any big meets at the club, he's just managing the club scene and leaving. liam has taken his spot in handling deals behind closed doors and harry does more of the bouncing, making sure everyone gets in and out safely.

they haven't been able to trace anything regarding who, or why, this happened. as far as harry knows, mitch doesn't have any problems with any rival cliques at the moment. the last ordeal they had was put down when they finally amended their problems a long, long time ago.

they get their deals done and he's back at the hospital two and a half hours later, which irks him because he told louis two hours. he knows that bunny is sick of staring at white walls and monitors and listening to the sound of his own heart beat beeping in his ear. he misses his bed, and emma, and his weed. he can't wait to get louis home, cozy as can be, so he can relax and heal with all of his belongings where he should be.