thirteen

warning for mental illness and talk of abuse. have a long chapter cause i suck at updating. happy halloween 🎃🧡

—-

"we need to talk, mister," zayn says as he jumps onto louis' bed, rolling onto his back.

"oh boy," louis sighs. he closes his laptop and pushes it to the side. "what's up?"

"i came home to find a man in your bed and you never explained as to why said man was in your bed."

turns out, zayn and niall had also hit a club up in san francisco and got really fucking drunk. zayn ended up losing his phone somewhere between the club, the cab and the hotel and they could never find it. louis had scolded him for not keeping his location on so they could search for it but thankfully zayn had insurance on his device so he was able to get a new one without issues when he got back to town.

niall, oblivious to the situation due to intoxication, didn't realize anything happened until they got back and louis was fussing at the both of them for not answering his calls or texts. both of them were too hungover to deal with arguing, so niall apologized and made a promise that it would never happen again and zayn made up for his faulty actions by smoking with louis and buying him a new hoodie.

never let zayn and niall roadtrip by themselves ever again.

"i had a panic attack at work," louis chewed on his lip. "it was pretty bad. harry sent me home and he came over after he got off to keep me company."

zayn sits up and eyes him suspiciously. "have you been taking your meds?"

louis looks down at his lap. "i think i just forgot to take them for a few days 'cause i've been working and sleeping alot more."

"you need to keep your alarms set," zayn sighs. "have you taken them today?"

louis shakes his head. zayn gets up and pads toward the bathroom, coming back with louis' prescription bottle and pops a tiny orange pill into his hand. he hands louis the bottle of water sitting on the nightstand and drops the pill into louis' mouth, watching him take the dosage. louis sets the water bottle beside his lamp.

"don't make me kick your ass," zayn kisses the top of his head. "i love you and i just worry about you, lou. your anxiety's not something to play around with."

"i'm fine," louis pouts. "i'm alright now. promise."

zayn nods and sits on the bed again. "what happened?"

"mylo happened," louis says and zayn groans at that. "same shit as always."

"i'll kill him," the other man bites. he leans back on his hands and then smirks. "so did you bang?"

louis smacks his shoulder with a gasp. "no, we didn't. we smoked...and cuddled, but that was all we did."

"you still haven't kissed his pretty self yet?" zayn tuts, shaking his head. "if it were me and i didn't have a niall in my life, i would've been all over that man."

louis narrows his eyes at him. "back off my man."

zayn purses his lips before shrugging and claiming it was the truth.

—-

the first thing louis is greeted with when he gets in harry's car a few days later is a box.

they're supposed to be going out and about just to get away from their homes. harry said they could grab lunch and probably hit some shopping centers because he wanted to get another pair of shoes, and louis is always up for spending money.