eighteen

i'm having a bit of writer's block so this is what i got ._. i'm not good with confrontations so please dont judge it lmfaooo

—-

louis huffs as he tosses the now empty ice bucket onto the floor in frustration. "there's no ice. i can't find the new bottle of bourbon mitch wants to advertise. and where the fuck are all the towels? this is ridiculous. the bar should be stocked."

"you're telling me," niall sighs. "i can't access the safe to break these bills so we're gonna struggle with singles until i can find the key."

"god damn it," the smaller man throws his head back with a groan. first, he forgot to charge his laptop so he was late turning an assignment in. then, he was almost late to work because he had to stop and get gas and there was a wreck on the way out so traffic was detoured. now he can't even start his shift on a good note because somebody didn't do their job. "why the fuck. why me, why today?"

niall grumbles something incoherent and throws his phone on the bar before crouching down in search of the safe key. usually if the batteries die to it then it has to be manually opened with the key instead of the code. it's usually here, so where is it?

"found you, ya son of a bitch," he says and plucks the keyring out of the small cubby it was hanging in. "wrong shelf."

louis sighs and leans against the bar. his phone buzzes on the bartop in front of him and seeing an incoming message from marshall was not what he expected. marshall! he misses that boy. he misses everyone at paralyzer.

marshall sent him a link to an article, followed by: "you're gonna wanna see this shit" and "love you kid, hope cali is doing you good. fucker got what he deserved."

he opens the link and his stomach twists as he reads about officials finding a body inside of a scorched car. it was definitely a homicide with possible motive. dental records pointed to the one and only midas amiri montana.

mylo.

"no fucking way," he gasps. "holy shit."

"what?" niall slouches beside him.

louis pushes his phone to the side so he can read the news article. "that's my ex boyfriend."

"i think zayn told me 'bout him," niall murmurs as he reads over it. "said if they were the last two people on earth and he was on fire he wouldn't piss on him to save his life."

definitely sounds like something zayn would say.

niall doesn't say much after that, but he looks at the hallway entrance before reading the article a second time then back at the hallway. "hm."

"what?"

"nothin'," niall says. "haz went to vegas the other day. wonder if he knows anything about this."

liam comes by the bar to give niall his car keys and the blonde haired man kisses his cheek in thanks. liam glances over at louis with unease and louis recognized that look.

the same expression in liam's eyes when he killed the guy that tried to rob him. sympathetic, nervousness, guilt.

he knows something.

louis purses his lips. "if you'll excuse me."

niall waves him off and louis leaves the bar, weaving through the crowd to the back hallway and he doesn't stop walking until he makes it to harry's office. he doesn't knock, just opens the door and walks in. harry is sitting at his desk with mitch on the couch, the younger man licking the top of a joint paper to finish rolling.