twelve

tw for domestic violence, plus some weeeeed. it's a VERY STRONG larry chapter.

—-

harry could sense something was off about louis the moment he laid eyes on him.

louis wasn't his usual self — he was still doing his thing, interacting with customers and dancing his little heart out — but there wasn't any motivation to it. louis wasn't all there and harry could see it just by a simple glance at him. he looked like he hadn't slept, his eyes were low and his hands were trembling. something wasn't right.

after louis' second dance of the night he spotted harry by the bar and was quick to ask michael for a drink. "i don't care what it is," he told the bartender.

harry swiveled around in his seat. "you okay?"

louis thanked michael for his water bottle, taking a sip and rested his head on the bar. "i just need a moment, i think."

"come with me then," harry stands and leads louis down to his office. louis stared at the floor as they walked, nearly crashing into harry once they made their stop and he couldn't help but let out a small noise of distress when harry turned around to pull him to his chest. harry gave his back a gentle rub as he held him close, frowning, and eased them into his office.

louis curled up in harry's office chair, wrapping his arms around his legs and placed his head between his knees as his shoulders shook. his chest was tightening with each ragged breath.

harry sat on the edge of the desk. "is there anything i can do to help?"

louis sniffles and shrugs.

"do i need to kick someone's ass?"

"maybe," louis chuckles wetly and raises his head. harry leaned over to wipe his tear stained cheeks gently so he wouldn't startle him. "my ex boyfriend found out where i am and he..he's sending me death threats and he's serious. he's always serious. i've changed my number twice because of him already and i gotta do it again and-"

he takes a weak breath and shakes his head. "i can't escape him, he's fucking crazy and won't leave me alone. i-i'm scared, harry. i'm terrified."

"he won't get to you," harry promises.

"you don't know that," louis whispered. "anywhere i go, he finds me. it's been nonstop. throughout our whole relationship, after we broke up, it's neverending and it's never gonna end until he's locked up or dead."

harry swallows thickly and opens his arms for another hug. louis moves the chair closer and leans against him, resting his cheek on harry's chest. dying down to small sniffles, he wrapped his arms around harry's waist.

"what do you mean by he's always serious?" harry asks softly. he raises a hand up to stroke louis' hair. it's soft, feathery, he smells like peaches. "if i can ask that."

louis bites his lip. "he's uh..he's pushed me down a flight of stairs and pulled a gun on me."

"jesus, lou," harry frowns. "he's a shitty excuse for a human. i'm sorry, love..."

"i'm sorry for dumping that on you," louis sniffles.

"don't apologize. i appreciate you trusting me enough with that information."

"it just-" louis sighs and draws back just far enough to wipe his eyes and look up at harry. "i always put on this demeanor that i don't care, i'm a dick to him when everyone else is around but when he starts acting like that it gets a little too much...i was doing good. so good. i came here and thought i could start over and get away from him, y'know? put that in the past and move on and be happy."