sixty three

it's an update! it's a little short but i'm working on later chapters as we speak. i have so much to unload that it's making my heart burst. i love them so much anwkelfiskdngj

night shift larry & inferno larry are my top 2 favorite couples and you can not change my mind. call me narcissistic. they're my babies.

(ps to those who requested smut, i had that planned already. you're welcome)

—-

when harry woke up, he noticed he wasn't holding louis. which is weird, because he usually is the first to wake up and louis would have his head tucked under his chin and all of his limbs thrown around him. louis isn't even in the bed.

he did his usual morning routine and moved emma out of the bathtub once he finished. he could hear noises from downstairs, so he followed the sound while tugging a shirt over his head. it's in the kitchen. louis was sliding around the place in only his socks and one of harry's shirts at eight in the morning, the smell of coffee hitting him as soon as he walked in and- food? since when did louis actually cook? he's seen the boy drop a whole bowl of cereal as soon as he made it once, he didn't think he had any culinary skills. he was too used to cooking for them.

louis turned when he heard footsteps and gave the man a slight grin, stretching his arms out for him. he looks so tiny swallowed up in harry's shirt. it goes about mid thigh on him.

when harry grabs him and pulls him to his chest, he nuzzles his face in the boy's hair with a yawn.

"you should be sleeping," he mumbled, morning voice low and rough. "'s eight in the morning."

"i couldn't sleep," louis admits. "i wanted french toast so i decided to make extra for you. was gonna do a whole breakfast in bed thing since you're confined to this house until you die, maybe make things a little easier on you."

harry grins and tilts louis' head back to kiss him. he tastes like coffee. "i adore you."

"you should, 'cause it's the only thing i can make without setting the town on fire."

harry chuckles and gives him another kiss before making himself a cup of coffee and sitting on the counter next to the stove. he watches louis do little hip wiggles as he flips the bread in the pan, sipping his warm drink.

the smaller man climbs on the counter beside him.

"do you work tonight?"

louis shakes his head. "told mitch you gave me herpes and it wasn't safe for me to be in direct contact with customers. he said i should probably stay away indefinitely. you too."

harry's brows furrowed. "does it look like i have herpes, louis?"

louis gave him an innocent smile. "no, but," he squints and places his thumbs on harry's chin. "you got a gnarly blackhead right here. stay still."

harry hisses as louis successfully pops whatever blackhead he was talking about. he cradles his face while the other man giggles and gets down to wash his hands. louis returns to making their breakfast in silence, only mumbling profanities when he accidentally burns his finger on the pan. he brushes it off, not thinking anything of it until harry grabs his hand and places the teeniest kiss to the injury.

once the french toast was finished cooking, louis searched the fridge for fruit that he knew harry had hidden somewhere and placed a handful of strawberries on both of their plates. he made a little bowl of sugar for his strawberries and set everything on the table, grabbing syrup, butter, powdered sugar, and whatever else he could find.

"should i get you a maid outfit?"

louis sits in his seat and wraps both of his hands around his coffee cup to warm them up. "no."