six

"haz, there's word going around that some blow is coming our way," liam says as he shuts the door to harry's office. "do you want me to see where it's coming from or stay back on this one?"

harry purses his lips as he stacks his money together and wraps a rubber band around it. "as long as it isn't from reaper, check it out." he counts the stacks sitting on the desk, writing the amount down and finally spares liam a glance. "how was the rest of the night?"

"so far so good, your newbie is quite the attention grabber," liam chuckles, sitting on the edge of the desk. "he's pretty good."

"isn't he?" harry says, proud, "gorgeous, too."

liam raises his eyebrows. "oh?"

harry puts his hands up in defence. "i'm not one to lie."

"touché, styles. how much you got there?"

harry tells him only five grand, he's waiting for his last drop off of two more and then his night should be closed up. it's not easy running this circus, it's quite risky, but it's worth it.

it started with mitch. harry's best mate. they met under quite shitty circumstances. harry was running the streets with the wrong crowd back in college and they were all at a party. at that party, harry was getting jumped and mitch may or may not have thrown a firecracker at one of the guys that jumped him and caused that man to lose vision in his left eye. how did harry manage to not get hurt by that firecracker, he will never know, but it's definitely an inside joke for them.

after that fight, the two were joined at the hip until mitch broke down and told harry about his destiny. mitch's father was the leader of a local gang but when he died, it would go to mitch. his old man's been dead for few years, right around the time harry was brought in when he turned 18 for "safety" purposes. it's a long, complicated story.

three years later, at 21 years old, he runs this club and handles half of mitch's drug and gun trades.

mitch is a businessman, harry likes to get his hands dirty, it's a win-win for the both of them. they needed something to give their group a clean look — adult entertainment is huge in cali, mitch had the money, and harry had the leadership. then came inferno.

"i actually came by to let you know cara's got that ounce ready for you whenever you want it," liam says. "she had me pass the message along in case you were busy."

then there's cara. his personal weed plug.

and liam, the best bouncer at inferno, is usually the one to let in harry's trades. he looks like a softie, but knows how to use a gun and won't hesitate to pull that trigger if the timing is deemed right. he's like harry's personal bodyguard (although harry wouldn't admit that he could use protection from time to time.)

"thanks, bub," harry grabs the money and unlocks the safe beneath his desk, sticking the stacks inside and closes it. "jacob should be here soon. just let him in through the back."

—-

louis tosses his phone on the bed with a loud groan that muffled the sound of the device eventually smacking the floor. he's running on no sleep, it's almost 11 in the morning and he's bored. los angeles is boring. his shift at inferno doesn't start until nearly 12 hours later and he's wide awake on a saturday morning in the middle of a huge hotel room with nobody else but himself. he doesn't need a room this big anyways, but harry paid for it in full so who is he to complain?

his first night at inferno was definitely an adventure, to say the least. he got offered a xanax by some random person in the club and louis had to politely decline, but didn't pass up the opportunity to let niall know that "the redhead with the purple hoodie on has some bars if you want them". then niall told him employees can't do drugs with clients, and louis felt stupid.