Part - 34

In the morning, Narayani was glad to see Parvati at the dining table. 

"Good morning, sweetheart," Narayani smiled at her daughter.

Parvati managed to bring a little smile on her lips. "Good morning, mother."

Breakfast was a gloomy affair, Narayani's heart went out for her daughter who appeared low-spirited and lost in her own world. 

"Have some more, Parvati, you haven't eatten much," she said when Parvati got up from her chair. 

"I am full, mother," Parvati replied, not feeling any appetite for breakfast. 

A while later Suyash was in the cabin, shuffling in his chair as he couldn't stop worrying about Parvati and called Narayani. 

Narayani settled down in her office chair and sighed sadly thinking of ParYash, they were so in love with each other to the point she would sometimes get annoyed by their overly affection for each other and the sudden turn of events was appalling to her. Even a day back the happiness on their faces with the news of Parvati's pregnancy was obvious and felt so genuine. What might have happened that changed their relationship drastically in just hours? Whose evil eye had cursed her children's happiness? 

Her heart lamented remembering Parvati's sorrowful face. Her mobile rang, breaking the chain of her thoughts, and she picked up the call.

"Mom, how is Parvati?" Suyash asked immediately. 

"I don't know what to say, Suyash, my baby doesn't seem like she was before…" Narayani replied, "her eyes don't shine anymore, she smiles but I know it's forced…" She went quiet, worrying and feeling sad. 

"Mom, please take care of Parvati," Suyash urged her, feeling helpless for being unable to stay beside his wife to take care of her.

"I will, Suyash. I just hope everything goes well between you and Parvati soon," Narayani said hopefully.

Suyash remained silent, and hoped it would... "Mom, I will talk to you later."

For Parvati, it was hard trying to concentrate on work when life had become a painful mess. As a professional she handled her work and appeared outwardly normal to her employees and colleagues, but how would she be able to garner her strength to face him at the meeting. 

She froze for a moment when her secretary informed her of the day's schedule. She wanted to avoid attending the meeting with him, but the hospital project was her responsibility. She had once made a mistake regarding another project which caused losses to the company and didn't want any more trouble for the company.   

Stay strong! Stay professional! He means nothing to me now!

She repeated in her mind, encouraging herself on the way to Suyash's company. 

She took a deep breath…

She would not become weak!

She pushed down the door handle and entered the boardroom.  

She took her seat, smiling at her colleagues, and her eyes desperately searched for him. 

Within minutes of her arrival he entered the room. Their eyes met first. She immediately averted her gaze from him. 

He sat beside Parvati. She knew that he did it deliberately as there was another empty chair opposite her. 

"Ladies and gentlemen, let's start the meeting…" Parvati said.

Suyash kept his eyes on her most of the meeting. He studied her. She wasn't looking well. Her face seemed…His heart went out for her.  Her face looked dull and he knew she was masking her pain with her smile just like Narayani said. He cursed himself in his mind, and wished to engulf her in his hug, and shower her with so much love and assurance that she would forget all her pain.