Episode 26

Sunset Beach University

Charlie knew this would come out and should have been more honest with Peyton, but he didn't have the guts to spit it out while he was in town. Now her dad has thrown this out in the crossfire as she couldn't understand how this is true. She heard of her Uncle Derek and all the dastardly things he did to her mom, dad and so many other people back in the day. But to find out that Charlie is her adopted cousin made Peyton sick to her stomach while her parents watched and felt bad for her.

Meg – "Peyton honey, I am so sorry you have to hear this from your dad"

Peyton – "That makes no sense dad, how in the world is he my cousin when we never heard of him?"

Ben – "Your uncle Derek adopted Charlie when his mother Sharell gave him up for adoption after she died due to cancer. Sharell was a good friend of my brother and wanted Derek to take Charlie under his roof if anything happened, but he couldn't do it at first"

Peyton – "And he did anyway?"

Ben nods while Charlie looked down, ashamed of what was being heard right now. The man is being exposed thanks to his uncle Ben.

Ben – "Yes, Derek did leave instructions for the next person to raise him if he died which he did. Charlie was then adopted by a very loving couple but Charlie over here couldn't stop being a little-"

Charlie – "Shut up, just shut up!"

Ben – "What's wrong Charlie? Does the truth hurt my sweet rotten nephew?"

Charlie – "You don't know what you're talking about? It's lies, ALL LIES!"

Peyton – "Charlie stop!"

Peyton takes Charlies hands into hers and made her look up at him, seeing the tears on his face before she backed away.

Peyton – "No, NO! It's not true, you can't be my cousin"

Charlie slowly nods eventually and wipes away his own tears.

Charlie – "Yes Peyton, I am. I should of told you when we first met but I was too ashamed....I am so sorry"

Charlie runs off as Peyton was about to go after her until Meg stopped her from doing that"

Meg – "Peyton no, let him go sweetie. He needs time to figure himself out but Charlie doesn't deserve you-"

Peyton – "Get OFF me! Both you AND dad could have done a better job than just spilling this out on to me!"

Pushing her mom off, Peyton runs away but not after Charlie. Meg tells her not to leave but Ben puts his hand on his wife's shoulder to stop her from going after Peyton herself. Hugging Meg, Ben watched Peyton continue running and even though he wanted to chase her, she needed space to absorb this groundbreaking revelation. At least Charlie wasn't sniffing behind Peyton anymore because Ben would have to handle him by himself if he still was after their daughter.

---------------------------------------------------------

Unknown Location

Downstairs in the basement of his own private home which wasn't private anymore, Dan kept the gun pointed at Annie and grinned at Jude. Jude pointed his own gun as he kept his burning eyes on the two. Jude realizes this was the scumbag who was responsible for everything the past couple of months and now it all came down to this. Dan and Jude narrowed their eyes, seeing which one would make the first move as Annie, fearing for her life, closed her eyes at the same time.