Arc 13.11 [Chapter 294]

The humans' possessions included clothing, weapons, and food. The men took these possessions with them, and the women took their young children with them, following Dijia deeper into the dense forest.

Dijia's leadership and decision-making had benefited them in every way, and they had come to completely trust him.

The deeper they went into the forest, the faster Bai Lixin's heartbeat.

It was noon, but the sky was already completely dark. Lightning and thunder were flashing, a storm was coming.

A child of about seven years old was holding an object that reflected a white light in the dimness and it shot onto Bai Lixin's face.

Bai Lixin did not care at first, but as time passed, he looked over and his heart snapped.

The child was holding the dagger he had thrown into the water.

Bai Lixin walked over and grabbed the child's wrist while asking, "Where did you get this dagger?"

"I fishing by the river this morning when I suddenly saw a sparkling light in the river. I went over to take a look and found this treasure. Look Xin, it is beautifully and magnificently carved. It must be a treasure left there by the gods! "

The boy's voice was loud and clear in the panicked silence of the crowd.

A small chatter began among the crowd, growing louder as the black clouds built up in the sky.

Someone suddenly shouted, "This must be divine punishment! The gods must be angry to see us living in peace and no longer worshipping them! This is divine punishment! "

There were many voices, and some stopped in their tracks. People's frightened voices came from the darkness.

"No! Is this divine punishment? "

"Are the gods punishing us because we have forgotten them?"

"It's all our fault! We have made the gods angry! "

"No, it's Dijia's fault! It is he who taught us everything that we no longer need God and brought down His wrath. It is Dijia who is the greatest sinner of all! " Another low man's voice resounded through the darkness, and the cacophony of the crowd grew even heavier.

The crowd could no longer move forward, and Dijia had to stop in his tracks.

Bai Lixin narrowed his eyes and gazed around in the darkness.

Suddenly, a cold light flashed in his eyes. With a sharp lift of his foot, he rushed straight over and swept a tall man to the ground.

"Nonsense! Quite a good talker. I have never seen you before. Who are you? When did you appear in our crowd? "

The man Bai Lixin had knocked to the ground let out a brutal laugh, "I am a divine ambassador. Hasn't it crossed your mind that you are already undergoing divine wrath? The Lord God is angry. Can you human beings, who are like mere ants, withstand the wrath of the Lord God? "

The strange man turned into a cloud of black mist and slipped through Bai Lixin's fingers. He gathered in mid-air and reverted to his human form while laughing loudly, "You are already turtles in a jar. Do you think you can escape? It is because you foolish humans trusted that man and forgot God's favour to you. Blame it on that man! If you want God's forgiveness, then use that exquisite dagger to stab that man in the chest! "

With those words, the man flew towards the darkness in the sky and disappeared in the air.

Bai Lixin looked aghast. The humans had already been shaken by the simple few words of that black shadow, and their hearts were already in turmoil.