ABO World [Arc 10.25- 10.26]

Arc 10.25 [Chapter 227]

Master Lambert prepared everything for the wedding. He had even prepared the invitations, and they were ready to be sent out.

When Bai Lixin heard Master Lambert had prepared the invitations, he laughed helplessly, "Father, you're being too eager. If we hadn't returned in time, wouldn't you have had to take back the invitations after sending them out?"

Master Lambert laughed, "There is no way I can take back what I have done. Besides, I know you two. Since you promised to return before the wedding, I knew you would come back on time. "

He glanced at Bai Lixin with relief and said, "Mitchell, it is good to have you back to life."

Bai Lixin bowed his head in embarrassment, "I have troubled you, Father."

Master Lambert didn't care much. He took them into his study and began to discuss the wedding. The two had been measured for their wedding clothes before they left, and they had been working on them ever since. Master Lambert had hired the best fashion designer in the Empire to make them the perfect outfits.

Not only were the outfits made to perfection, but the venue for the wedding was to be the most solemn cathedral in the city.

They also learnt from Master Lambert that he had invited almost all the prestigious families in the city to make the wedding a grand affair. Even the priest who will officiate the wedding was a royal priest in the imperial capital who specialised in conducting weddings for the royal family.

When Bai Lixin heard of Master Lambert's wedding preparations, he was somewhat at a loss. "Father, is this a little too much publicity and extravagance?"

"What extravagance?!" Master Lambert slapped the table and laughed, "Hallyvette is my only child, and you are my beloved son-in-law. My son, I am doing this for your sake. You have received too much of a shock from the previous incident, and I want to make your identity public through this wedding. The Lambert family is one of the founding families and one of the three great families of the Imperial Capital. Even though we have declined a little bit, we are still bigger than a horse. I want to tell everyone on the planet that you, Mitchell, are a recognised member of the Lambert family and that anyone who dares to harm you is openly fighting against the Lambert family! Besides, the day you entered the gates of the Lambert family, I said that I would prepare the grandest wedding in the world for you and since I said that, I will do what I said."

There was a faint light in Bai Lixin's eyes, "Father, thank you."

Two hours passed in the blink of an eye, and it was only when Bai Lixin yawned that Master Lambert stopped his presentation and said, "Mitchell is tired, so go back and rest. The wedding attire will be delivered tomorrow. You'll try them on and see how they fit. If they don't, I'll have them altered. Mitchell, I'll have the kitchen prepare some meat porridge, so remember to come down and eat it when you wake up."

A look of concern crossed Master Lambert's face. Tears filled Bai Lixin's eyes once again. This time, a light tear slid down from the corner of his eye. Bai Lixin said in a nasal voice, "Thank you for your care, father. You have suffered these days. You care for me more than even my parents. What could I have done that you care for me so much? "

Master Lambert glared at him, "What are you talking about? You are my son. Whom should I care about if not you?!"

Bai Lixin sniffed and broke into laughter. He wiped the tears from his eyes and nodded heavily, "Mmm! You are right, Father! "

Three days later, the wedding arrived as scheduled.

The whole empire had been abuzz since a month ago when the patriarch of the Lambert family, one of the three great families of the empire, began preparations for the wedding of his successor, Hallyvette.