Republic of China [Arc 9.23- 9.24]

Arc 9.23 [Chapter 198]

In the dark and luxurious underground palace, two people lay embraced on top of a huge dragon bed.

One of them was dressed in a phoenix robe, with long hair reaching his waist and his eyes tightly closed. The other, whose long white hair almost covered the bed, wore a dragon robe, and his eyes gazed at the latter's face tenderly.

[Jade Soul, help me. I want to get out of here.] Fang Xuelin closed his eyes as he pleaded for help.

[There is nothing I can do.] The Jade Soul sighed, [This man's power is far above mine. You cannot simply use your charm to make him do your bidding. Moreover, he has placed a ban on your body. You can not go very far from the well.]

Fang Xuelin cursed in his heart as he thought of the runes on his face.

When he was brought to this broken palace by the black qi, no matter how much he struggled, this cold, inhuman ghost-guy would not let him leave, always calling him "Taiyi" and "queen".

Although the Heavenly Sea King treated him with affection and tolerance, the darkness that emanated from him was not that of a good person.

What's more, he saw Wang Baiqian send the captured Liang and her heart was plucked out and eaten. His fear deepened.

[Just hold on, you must not anger him.] the Jade Soul whispered in Fang Xuelin's mind, [This man is an evil spirit from years ago. If he becomes angry, you'll know terror.]

After all, the Jade Soul was the guardian of this world. If the soul of the world's son flew away, it would make his job difficult.

Above the billions of worlds, there are twelve sub-gods and one main god who maintains order. Above the twelve sub-gods is the Lord God, and they have rules and laws that they must follow. The rules and laws are above everything else; they regulate billions of worlds, yet they serve the billions of worlds.

The Lord God is not immortal; under the rules, the universe will breed a new Lord God every trillion years to inherit the will of the rules and govern the billions of worlds again.

They used this loophole to hang the new Lord God and then absorb his energy to continue running the world.

If the Son of the World died, they would have a hard time doing it. There was no telling what they, the sub gods, would face once the rules sensed a difference.

With his eyes tightly closed, Fang Xuelin involuntarily shivered, causing the gentle Sea Heavenly King to smile gently, "Taiyi, are you awake?"

Fang Xuelin stiffened and forced himself to open his eyes, gazing at the handsome man smiling lightly before him, "H-heavenly Sea king."

The Heavenly Sea King smiled, "You used to call me 'Husband'."

"I have no memories of my previous life," Fang Xuelin said awkwardly, "and you're asking me to suddenly call you husband...... and I'm a man now...... I just can't accept it."

On hearing Fang Xuelin's words, the Heavenly Sea King's eyes faintly had black gas welling up in the corners, and his gentle light smile from earlier slowly turned bizarre.

He leaned down fiercely and pinned Fang Xuelin underneath him and said, in a hoarse voice, "Don't you love me now?" You loved me to the point of martyrdom back then. You've only been reborn a dozen times, and you've already fallen in love with someone else? What do you mean, 'I'm a man now'? Weren't you a man when you fell in love with that man called Liao Sufan? Don't think I didn't hear your conversation outside the well. He hurt you so much, and you still love him? The person you love should be me! "