Cultivation World [Arc 11.1- 11.2]

Arc 11.1 [Chapter 236]

[Lord Host, we might have to leave sooner this time]. Bai Lixin was gazing at his son, who was playing with Haizi, and S419M's long-lost voice suddenly rang out in his mind.

The originally smiling expression faltered as Bai Lixin asked, [Leave as soon as possible?]

[You shattered the Pseudo-Lord God's mirror image, and he already knows of your existence. We must find the last fragment as soon as possible.]

Bai Lixin looked through the glass doors of the garden into the living room and said, after a long time, [Yes, I know. But will this awaken Dijia's soul fragment?]

[It will, lord host. The soul fragment was awakened on the day your child with the Lord God was born.]

Bai Lixin looked away from the man on the couch and toward his son.

This child's appearance had been an accident; he originally intended to use a false foetus to confuse the pseudo Lord God. But even he had not expected that this body, which could nurture life, would actually get pregnant!

He had travelled through nine worlds to find Dijia, and in almost every one of them, he and Dijia would end up in each other's company, end up happily ever after, and then leave. The time would be both long and short, hundreds of years long and decades short. During those long years, he came with a purpose each time and left with no regrets.

This was his and Dijia's child, and probably the only one he would have in this eternity. Thousands of years later, this child appeared like a gift.

He wanted to give birth to it without hesitation when he first knew that his body was indeed bearing a life, even though the conception of a child as a man was absurd to him.

In this life, there was a child with his and Dijia's blood flowing through him, and he might be their first and last child.

When he and Dijia leave this world separately, no matter which world he goes to in the future, whether he can return to the real world or follow Dijia, the thought of having a life in a certain world made him indescribably emotional.

His expectations are simple. He won't ask this child to shine, have to pass on the family line, or take care of him in old age. He just wants to witness the growth of the life that he and Dijia created.

[How long do I have? ] Bai Lixin's eyes softened as he looked at his son with a flash of reluctance.

[Lord Host, you have a maximum of twenty years.]

Bai Lixin nodded gently. [Okay, give me a little more time, S419M. I will leave the day this child passes his bar mitzvah.]

[... All right, Lord Host.]

That night, Bai Lixin uncharacteristically took his son, who had his own room, and placed him between him and Hallyvette.

That night, the boy slept with a special sweetness with his parents.

After the child had gone to sleep, Hallyvette spread his arms and took Bai Lixin and the child into her arms. He leaned across the child and whispered into Bai Lixin's ear, "Why did you bring our son to bed with you today?"

Bai Lixin lowered his head and kissed his son's forehead and chuckled softly, "Hallyvette, have you noticed that our son has grown from such a small one to his current size? Time is like running water. In the blink of an eye, our son may have grown up. Look down and take a good look at this boy. Look at his hand. It is already as big as the palm of my hand. "

Hallyvette's golden pupils looked deeply into Bai Lixin's eyes as he watched him take their son's hand. He slowly brought his over, wrapping it around them both. "We'll accompany him as he grows up, baby."