Arc 12.4 [Chapter 271]

"Has General Xiahou found out anything about the person who assassinated me?" Bai Lixin leaned lazily on the soft cushion and asked Xiahou Chun, who looked indifferent.

"Your Highness, there is no news."

Bai Lixin gave a casual "en" and stood up, "General Xiahou came at the right time. My father sent someone to ask me to come and have lunch just now. You'll also be going with me. " He didn't care who was being the assassination. It was definitely Xiahou Chu, so he was just asking to put pressure on him.

As Bai Liwu said, Xiahou Chun was in charge of most of the military power in the country, and if he wanted to rebel, he could do so at the drop of a hat.

Although Xiahou Chun is the head of the Xiahou family, he is not the only member of the Xiahou family.

Xiahou Chun had been in many battles and was alert and treacherous, so it was not easy to kill him. After killing Xiahou Chun, it would be even more difficult to deal with the aftermath. If he is not careful, the restless Xiahou family will rise and the court will be in turmoil.

If only I could strengthen my body with dimensional points.....

The system was so greedy for life and death that it always hibernated to avoid disaster at the first sign of danger. It was a little difficult to convince him that the system was dead.

Bai Lixin smiled from an unseen angle. It was up to him to decide who could stay calm and who would surface first.

With a flutter of his long sleeves, he let Si'er fasten a plush cloak over him and strode out with his head held high.

Xiahou was so excited that his desire almost rose again. He took a deep breath and followed Bai Lixin's lead out of the palace.

Si'er watched the two men leave, each with more momentum than the other, and was slightly stunned. He suddenly heard Bai Lixin shouting from afar, "Si'er! What are you doing? Why don't you follow me? " Only then did he come to his senses and follow Bai Lixin.

His Highness was getting more and more courageous, and his demeanour was not worse than that of General Xiahou.

When the three of them arrived at the main hall, Emperor Shengyuan, the Empress, and Bai Liwu were already waiting. The three people were talking and laughing. Bai Lixin vaguely heard "Minister's daughter" in their conversation and recalled some memories.

It seemed that there had been a time when they were looking for a wife for Bai Liwu.

One month after the present time, Bai Liwu was so indecisive that the emperor and empress, worried that he would not be able to take on the great responsibilities of the state, made Bai Lixin Crown Prince.

At the same time, Xu Ying, the eldest daughter of the Minister of Rites, who was both virtuous and artistic, was given to his Imperial royal brother. Xu Ying naturally became the princess.

However, not long after they were married, Xu Ying suddenly got an incurable disease and died a month after they were married.

Now that I think about it, maybe Xiahou Chun was related to Xu Ying's death.

You slept with my man, and I'll let you die without a place to get buried.

Bai Lixin glanced at Xiahou Chun. Such a narrow-minded man could even kill him. What difference did killing a woman make to him?

He remembered that when Xu Ying died, his brother fainted and was very sad for a while.

"This son is here to see father and mother." Bai Lixin was led into the hall by the eunuch. He bowed respectfully, and Xiahou Chun followed.