Chapter 102: West Valley Reunion

Rosalia's dress ^

It took me forever to write this episode but it's finally done and I'm so happy hehe! I've been dying to publish these next few chapters!

-

-

The jazzy Christmas music becomes louder as Daniel and Rosalía walk through the hallway of the country club. They finally reach the room where the party is being held, Rosalía's hand wrapped around her husband's arm as they stride in. "Wow, this is boring," the woman mindlessly comments as she looks around. "We need some cumbia. You think the band knows any Aniceto Molina songs?" she jokingly adds, eyeing the dance floor. Daniel chuckles and amusedly shakes his head. "I doubt it, love," he replies as they slow down to a halt.

"But hey, we just have to get tonight over with, and then next weekend when your family comes over, we can dance all the cumbia you want," he states with a fond grin, setting his hand on the small of his wife's back. Rosalía perks up. "Hmm, I like the sound of that," she replies with a giggle, the man chuckling along. "Okay, how about you get us a table and I'll go get us some drinks?" she suggests, gently gripping the man's bicep. "Yeah. I'm on it," Daniel agrees. "Okay," Rosalía replies as they both lean in to peck each other's lips.

With that, the two go separate ways, the woman making her way to the bar. She politely grins and waves at people passing by her on the way. "Hey, Brett! Merry Christmas," she acknowledges the bartender with a wide smile. "Merry Christmas, Mrs. Juarez LaRusso," the man returns, smiling just as widely. "I'll have Daniel and I's usual, please? Thank you," the woman informs him. Brett nods. "Coming right up," he states, getting to work. Rosalía leans against the counter as she waits when the sound of a new voice fills her ears.

"Rosalía Juarez."

The dark-haired woman turns to the side, freezing in shock when a familiar-looking smiling blonde woman comes into view. Excitement rushes through her veins, immediately recognizing the blonde. A gasp escapes her lips as she fully turns to her. "Ali???" she ecstatically voices. The blonde lightly chuckles. "Yeah." Rosalía steps toward her with a gigantic smile on her face. "Oh, my God!!" she squeals, rapidly throwing her arms around her old friend. Ali laughs joyously, reciprocating the hug. The two pull apart, still holding onto each other's arms.

"How are you?? You look amazing, you haven't aged a day!" the Salvadoran woman chatters, running her eyes over her friend. Ali laughs again, flattered by the comment. "Oh, thank you.  You look amazing! You pretty much look exactly the same as you did back then," she returns the compliment. Rosalía clicks her tongue and dismissively waves her hand. "Oh, stop it," she playfully voices before the two break into a small fit of giggles. "Wow, I was hoping I'd run into you one day," the Mills woman suddenly mentions.

"Yeah, me too! Oh, it's so great to see you. Girl, you look so good!" Rosalía responds, once again making her old friend chuckle. "You too! I'm so happy to see you," the blonde replies as the two go in for another hug. As the two women embrace each other, another blonde person walks into the room, abruptly stopping in his tracks when he sees them a few feet away.  Oh, shit, he thinks, tripped out over seeing Rosalía and Ali together, the two girls that have haunted him for decades. He hasn't seen them in the same room in about 34 years.

The two women finally pull apart. "I have so many questions. Like, what fountain of youth are you drinking from?" Rosalía rambles, earning yet another laugh from the Mills woman. As Johnny stands there observing them, a waiter passes by a little too close to him. "Hey, watch it!" he yells as he instinctively backs up. The two friends snap their heads in the direction of the noise. "I'm wearing white here. You think I want that all over me?" he lashes out at the waiter. Rosalía eyes him with a puzzled expression, wondering why he's here.