Chapter 85: You're Doing Great, Babe!

Okinawa

Daniel and Chozen are standing in the middle of the mat. Daniel is sporting a white gi while Chozen is in a brown one. Rosalía is sitting on a bench on the side, ready to see what's about to go down. "Are you sure you just don't want to show me the scrolls?" her husband asks his old foe. Chozen doesn't answer as he just shifts his weight, making Daniel sigh and do the same thing. They bow to each other, making sure to maintain eye contact. "Now let us see how much you really know," Chozen states.

"I don't know what you want to–"

Daniel is abruptly cut off when Chozen suddenly tries to hit him. He quickly defends himself, blocking Chozen's hand. Chozen continues to come at him with multiple punches and kicks, which Daniel blocks before the former finally lands a kick to his torso. Rosalía raises her eyebrows as she witnesses this, sneakily reaching into her purse. She grabs a few corn nuts before popping them into her mouth when she knows Chozen isn't looking. She's not sure if he'd yell at her for eating in here or not but she'd rather avoid finding out.

Daniel launches at Chozen, who effortlessly defends himself. The match continues until Chozen eventually manages to strike Daniel in the stomach before bending down and hitting him under his butt. Daniel grunts and falls to his knees as he holds his aching thigh. "God! What the hell?!" he exclaims, shooting a glare at Chozen. Rosalía discreetly pops more corn nuts into her mouth as she watches. Daniel turns to her with a look as if to ask: did you just see that? She gleams and gives him a thumbs up. "You're doing great, babe!"

He lightheartedly rolls his eyes at her words before standing up and facing the man across from him. Chozen sends him a mocking grin. "So, your sensei did not teach you everything," he says. Daniel just gazes at him suspectingly. "Are you sure that was Miyagi-Do karate? Didn't seem like self-defense to me," he accusingly retorts, not convinced. "Defense takes on many forms," Chozen conveys.

Rosalía nods when she hears this, agreeing with him. It makes a lot of sense. "That is so true," she voices, catching the men's attention. Chozen eyes her suspiciously. "Are you eating?" he inquires, having heard a crunch. The woman slightly tenses up but rapidly hides it. "No," she denies. The man narrows his eyes at her and she sends him an innocent smile. "Mmm," Chozen grumbles, deciding to let it go.

Chozen explains the story behind the special techniques the Miyagi ancestors designed to kill their enemies as the two men continue training. When Daniel tries to reason that perhaps Mr. Miyagi never told him about any of this because he wanted to protect him and that there was no more reason to kill, Chozen responds with, "sometimes you have no choice but to kill." The two men are currently outside on a sparring deck. Rosalía is sitting by the deck on a folding beach chair, watching them. She feels like she's at a WWE event, but with karate instead of wrestling.

The men continue to fight. Chozen kicks Daniel in the butt, making his knees buckle. He lunges at him again but Daniel pushes himself off of the deck, jumping out of the way. Chozen goes to kick him but Daniel catches his leg, flipping both of them to the ground. Daniel strains a bit to get back up and walks to the opposite side of the deck. Meanwhile, Chozen slowly straightens up, shifting his eyes to his opponent. "Ah!" he yells as he hits the deck underneath him with his fist before fully standing up.

Rosalía watches in anticipation as her husband gets into his fighting position. Chozen stands across from him with his arms down. Suddenly, he balls his fists and crosses his arms before opening them until they're shoulder-width apart, breathing deeply as he does so. He waves his arms around and turns his body to the side, bringing his open palms in front of him, one facing up and one facing down. He then lowers his left arm, extending it out to his bottom left, while raising his bent right arm above his head as he focuses his gaze on Daniel.