Chapter 70: Robby Keene Search Party

Damn, there are a lot of ghost readers and chapter skippers haha 🧍🏻‍♀️Una motomami no salta capítulos ❤️‍🔥

Am I the only one who lowkey misses the S3 hype? Anyway... damn, we're already at chapter 70 😳 LET'S GOOOOO!

-

-

LaRusso Auto Group

"Please, I really need to find him. His name is Robby Keene. Spelled K-E-E-N-E. Or perhaps a John Doe?" Rosalía speaks into her iPhone. She nervously twiddles her fingers as she waits for the person on the line to check, praying that they can find him. Disappointment washes over her when the person doesn't find him in the system. "Okay... thanks," she responds before hanging up. She steps toward her husband and announces, "once again, nothing." Daniel glances up from his phone, his face falling upon hearing her.

"Same here. The homeless shelters were a dead end," he informs her. The woman hangs her head sadly. She needs to know Robby is safe, she hates the thought of him being all alone out there. "Hey, Boss, uh, Mrs. Boss. I got something on my computer you gotta see," Louie addresses the two, making them turn to him. He starts to walk off but suddenly stops and turns to the couple again. "And don't worry, it's not porno this time," he assures them. That better be true, Rosalía thinks, still traumatized from the last time.

"A-alright, Louie. We'll be there in a second," Daniel tells him before turning back to his wife. "Can't believe we hired him again," Rosalía remarks as she glances at her husband's cousin. The man sighs. "Listen, you know I'm not his biggest fan but he was super worried about Selena when she got hurt, right?" he mentions, to which Rosalía nods. "However bad he screwed up, he does care about this family," he finishes. His wife knows it's true. Louie's daughter got hurt too and he could've just focused on her but he chose to check up on Selena too.

"Oh, by the way! I bought bagels. But you better haul ass or you're gonna be stuck with the shitty cranberry ones. I didn't even ask for them. I mean, who eats those?" Louie suddenly calls out, turning to look at the pair. Daniel and Rosalía slowly turn to each other, sharing a weird look. They follow Louie to his desk and he pulls up the inventory data. "So at first, I thought it was just a blip on the screen but no," he states, pressing a key on his computer. "It's as clear as day," he claims, pointing to the screen.

"Alright, what am I looking at here?" Daniel questions. Louie points at the screen and says, "it's the trade-in lot. I made a spreadsheet. Those numbers, they don't match up." As he's talking, Rosalía bends forward to get a better look at the screen, seeing what he's talking about. "Are you sure this is right?" she asks. "If there's one thing I know, it's inventory. I worked at Fat Sal's all summer. Inventory is everything over there," Louie responds. Daniel bends forward to examine the screen as well.

"I mean, it's not like cars here but you know, chicken fingers, mozzarella sticks, onion rings, Russian dressing..." Louie starts listing food items. The woman furrows her eyebrows, side-eyeing him. "Those little jalapeños," he continues before Rosalía interrupts. "Okay, we get it. So we're missing a car," she voices. "You're actually missing a..." Louie speaks, pressing a key. "'93 Dodge Caravan." He points at the photo and vehicle description on the screen. "It looks like it's been gone a couple weeks."

The couple turns to look at each other. "Robby had the gate codes. It makes sense," the woman states. "But why would he steal that shitbox?" Louie asks, grimacing. "Because he's smart," Rosalía answers, a small grin tugging at her lips. "He knew we wouldn't notice," Daniel adds. "Okay, we can't call the cops because the law will come down heavy on him if they catch him on the run," his wife mentions. Daniel nods. "Yeah, you're right. We need to find him first and get him to turn himself in. That way we can make a better case," he agrees.