Chapter 14: Gonna Knock His Ass Out

I binged all of season 4 as soon as it came out... OMG, IT WAS SO GOOD. I hate that I'm still on S1 in this book, I want to write for S4 already 😂 

-

-

"Johnny?" Rosalía asks. Daniel's smirk grows as he places the glasses on the table. His eyes travel to his wife and he nods. "I know you thought he might've changed after 30 years, I did too. But now we know he's still the same prick he was back in high school," he depicts, assuming she's on the same page. "Guy thinks he can bring Cobra Kai back to the valley? Not on my watch," he states, pouring wine into the glasses. Rosalía looks at him suspiciously. "What did you do?" she questions. "I told Zarkarian I wanted to buy that Cobra Kai strip mall," Daniel answers. The woman makes a weird face.

"Why? Why would you want a strip mall in Reseda?" she questions. It's gonna be something stupid, I can feel it, she thinks. "This is-" Daniel starts to comment about his wine before stopping to answer his wife's question. "No, no, no, no, no. You're gonna love this," he claims. Since Rosalía knows how horrible Cobra Kai is, he assumes that she'll applaud his actions. She gives him an expectant look, awaiting his reason. "I wasn't really gonna buy it. I just wanted to tweak Zarkarian so he would jack up the rent, and it worked because now Cobra Kai is gonna have to shut down. Can I have yours? This is delicious. It's got this peppery..." he trails off, getting distracted by the wine.

Rosalía can't believe what she's hearing. "Nah, hold on... You're telling me that the Zarkarian dinner was a part of a whole twisted plan to raise the rent on your high school enemy??" she chimes in. A dumbfounded look forms on Daniel's face. "I think you're oversimplifying things," he dismisses. "No, I think you're underthinking things. Did you even consider the other stores in the mall?" she sternly retorts, becoming frustrated. 

The man remains speechless, making it clear that he didn't consider the other stores. "My God, Daniel, these are small businesses! Not only did you mess with Johnny's livelihood but you also messed with every other single tenant's livelihood because your ego was hurt! Look, I know how bad Cobra Kai was but that doesn't give you the right to do what you did!" Rosalía rebukes.

She hates that her husband is acting like the type of rich person she despises. "You've been off ever since Cobra Kai re-opened. I mean, kicking Cole- which was hot and he did deserve it but it was very out of character for you, and now this? Is it the trauma crawling back? Is that what's causing you to act out?" she continues to reprimand him. "The guy spray-painted a dick on my face!" Daniel fires back as if that justifies what he did. His response irritates Rosalía. "So what?? It's not like he killed your puppy. I guess he's still somewhat of an asshole but you shouldn't let him turn you into one," she retaliates. She's not sure what to think about Johnny. 

She doesn't believe he's a bad person at all, if anything he must be misguided and morally grey. "Look, there are times where you just can't act on emotion," she softens her tone, meeting Daniel's eyes. He just stares back at her with his mouth slightly agape, paying attention to every word. "You know I love you... but you need to get it together," Rosalía adds. "Ay..." she sighs, walking off. Daniel stands there in shock, sad that his wife is disappointed in him. He's disappointed in himself for what he did. He was so blinded by his desire for vengeance that he truly didn't think of the other strip mall tenants.

[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]

West Valley High School

Sam scans the cafeteria after getting out of the lunch line, looking for somewhere to sit. After rejecting him in a movie theater, Kyler spread a rumor about her, which quickly got around. Selena heard about it at dance practice after seeing Sam in the library. She was quick to defend her cousin against anyone who made a negative comment. Yasmine's table comes into view, said girl scowling at Sam. She grabs her purse from the table and lowers it onto the chair beside her, letting the brunette know she's not welcome there. Her eyes land on Aisha next and she approaches her table.