Chapter 27: It's Always Been You

We only have one episode left before getting into season 2 😏 LET'S GOOO

-

-

Juárez LaRusso House

Pain.

Rage.

That's all that Johnny feels when he sees his son in Daniel LaRusso's dojo, in his home. While he's been desperately wishing to reconcile with Robby, he was off with Daniel this whole time. What makes matters worse is the thought of him being around Rosalía too. The woman he loves invited Robby into her home and probably treated him like her own son... but with Daniel by her side instead of him. His heart shatters as he watches his son stand in front of Daniel to defend him. "If you want to fight him, you're gonna have to fight me first," Robby states as he glares at him. Johnny's eyes flicker between the two before fixating on the boy. He's never defended me like that.

"You gotta be kidding me..." he softly utters, the hurt seeping into his voice. He exits the dojo without another word and Daniel stands there in shock. "Wha..." he mutters as he sets his hands on his hips and paces further into the dojo. He sighs, placing his hand over his forehead. Robby turns to him fearfully, knowing he messed up. "Mr. LaRusso, I-I was gonna tell you," he speaks up before the older man interrupts. "Was this all just a con? Some kind of sick mind game you tried to pull off on me?" he demands as he angrily turns around to face the boy. "No, no, no, no, it wasn't like that!" Robby tries to clarify. "You lied to me!" Daniel voices, feeling betrayed.

Robby feels extremely guilty but the man is too blinded by hurt and anger to care. "Please. Please," the boy begs, trying to explain himself. However, Daniel isn't having it. "Get out. Now! And don't come back to this house, not to the dealership, not ever," he talks over him as he walks forward, making the boy step back until he's through the door. "You got that? Ever again!" he concludes. Robby tries to apologize again but Daniel slams the door in his face. Meanwhile, Johnny furiously climbs into his car and turns it on, causing the engine to rev loudly. The tires screech as he drives away, catching Rosalía's attention. Is Daniel home? She wonders as she gets off the couch and heads outside.

She saunters along the side of the house in search of her husband and finds a distressed-looking Robby. "Robby," she calls, making his head snap up. His face falters a bit more when he sees the woman, the thought of her hating him too hurts. "What's wrong, mijo?" she asks, approaching him. The boy immediately starts apologizing. "I-I- I'm so sorry, Mrs. JL, I messed up. I really messed up. I should've been honest with you guys," he babbles. Rosalía shoots him a puzzled glance. "What do you mean?" she asks. The teen looks down and shakes his head, hesitating to tell her. "Robby," the woman voices, making him look at her. "You can talk to me," she states, giving him a reassuring look.

The boy is still hesitant but he knows it's better if she discovers the truth from him. "Okay, um... Mr. LaRusso found out that my dad... is Johnny Lawrence," he finally reveals. The woman's eyes slightly widen as she stares at him with her mouth agape. "Oh..." she trails off, taking in the information. "I swear I was gonna tell you. I came here to tell Mr. LaRusso but then he and my dad walked in and- and-" Robby rambles before Rosalía cuts him off. "And then they both overreacted," she assumes, sighing. The boy gawks at her, a bit shocked to hear her say that. Is she on my side? He wonders. "Mr. LaRusso told me to never come back," he breathes out, his voice laced with hurt.

The woman's heart aches for the teenager. "Don't listen to him, he's just mad. He always gets super dramatic when he's mad. He'll come around," she tells him, lightly rolling her eyes. Robby nods, hoping she's right. "You're not mad at me?" he asks, not believing how compassionate she's being. The woman smiles softly and shakes her head. "No, of course not. Sure, you lied but don't we all? And I get why you did it, I wouldn't want to tell Daniel I was the son of his enemy either," she responds. A bit of relief washes over the boy, thankful that she didn't shun him. Although, guilt presents itself as well. "Mrs. JL, I really am sorry... I just wanted to get back at my dad. That was really stupid of me," he apologizes.