Chapter 34: The Better Man

Robby stays silent while the couple looks down awkwardly. Johnny clenches his fists upon hearing Raymond's comment. His insides burn at the thought of someone thinking his son is Rosalía and Daniel's kid. "Hey, man. Just put the glass on the loading dock. Give me a second," he butts in, walking up to the employee and gesturing toward the trio. "Oh, for sure," Raymond responds before sauntering off.

Johnny turns his focus to the three. "What are you guys doing here?" he asks. Daniel lightly shrugs. "Just working on a little project. That's all. You?" he answers. Now Johnny shrugs. "Same," he returns. His eyes shift to Rosalía before landing on his son. Sensing that they need a moment alone, the woman speaks up, "just give us these, we'll, uh... we'll go pay." She takes the bolts from the boy's hands and looks at her husband, nodding her head to the side, hinting that they should go. 

Daniel nods and tells Robby, "we'll meet you by the car." Rosalía glances at Johnny as she turns to walk away. "Bye, Johnny. I like your shirt," she acknowledges him, pointing at his shirt. The blonde looks down at his Metallica T-shirt before looking back up. "Thanks. Bye," he replies. The woman grins and walks off with her husband. "Why are you complimenting his shirt?" Daniel whispers to her. "What? It's a cool shirt, I like it. I can't comment on things I like?" Rosalía sasses. Her husband playfully rolls his eyes and grasps her hand as they head to the cashier.

Meanwhile, Johnny steps closer to his son. "How's your shoulder?" he initiates the conversation. Robby glances at his shoulder. "Getting better. No thanks to you," he responds. Johnny nods, his words sting. "Look, I know you're pissed at me. You have a right to be. But I'm trying to change," he informs the boy. Robby slightly nods, not believing him. "Sure," he curtly states. Johnny's eyes dart everywhere. This is an uncomfortable conversation. "I don't want there to be bad blood between us," he expresses, hoping to get through to his son. The teen furrows his eyebrows as he glares at him.

"Yeah, well, you kind of ruined that when you told Diaz to fight dirty against me," he spits. The man shakes his head. "I didn't tell Miguel to fight dirty against you," he clarifies. He hates that Robby thinks so little of him. "Look... I know I'm supposed to forgive you or whatever, but right now, it's a little tough," Robby admits. Johnny nods his head. Jealousy and frustration fill his body. "So instead, you're gonna torture me by training with that prick?" he accusingly questions.

Robby angrily frowns at this, immediately jumping to Daniel's defense. "Hey, you don't know Mr. LaRusso. He is a better man than you'll ever be... which is why Mrs. JL picked him over you," he fires back, pointing a finger at him. Johnny is left speechless as he merely stares at him. Robby knows just how to push him to the edge. He hit him right where it hurts. His eyes linger on the boy as he walks off, feeling his heart shatter. He lost Rosalía and now his son to Daniel LaRusso.

Robby exits the store and approaches the car, where Daniel is loading a wooden plank into the trunk while Rosalía stands next to him, chatting. The woman glances up, seeing the boy walking up to them. "You okay, mijo?" she asks him. "I guess," Robby replies, slightly frowning. "How'd it go back there?" Daniel chimes in as he closes the trunk. "Same way it always goes. Cares more about his rivalry with you than he does about me," the boy answers before getting into the vehicle. The couple frowns, feeling bad for him. Rosalía doesn't think that's true, but she gets how it may seem that way to him. She just wishes for his relationship with Johnny to heal one day.

[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]

Juárez LaRusso House

After hanging out at Hawk's house, Selena decided to go home and practice her karate. She uses dance as an escape, which works wonders, and now karate is serving the same purpose... Plus, both sports are extremely fun for her. She lets her frustrations out through each move. She thinks about the tournament, Sam and Miguel, and the way said boy was basically attached to her hip when they were watching a movie at Hawk's house today. "Hai!" she yells as she extends her leg out into a side kick. She moves forward as she practices her punches before dropping down and kicking her left leg backward. She brings her leg back down, stepping onto her left foot and pivoting her body to face the opposite way.