Chapter 77: Must Follow Passion

Heyy, you get a little blast from the past in this chapter 😌

-

-

LaRusso Auto Group

Rosalía goes back to the dealership after meeting Robby. She's glad she got to talk to him but now the stressful situation with Tom Cole's offer re-enters her mind. She heads into the building, spotting Amanda and Louie at a table as the man pours scotch whiskey into a glass. "Hey. Is Daniel back yet?" Rosalía speaks up as she approaches. Right when she asks that, the man in question walks in behind her, making her whip around. "Where is everyone?" her husband asks as he walks over.

"Figured we'd close up early. You know, batten down the hatches until we straighten this whole thing out," the blue-eyed cousin answers. Daniel sighs at this before greeting his wife with a peck on the lips. "Hey, honey. How's Robby doing?" he asks her. "He's... he's holding up," the woman responds, not wanting to alarm him by mentioning his black eye or resentment toward him. "Good," the man sighs. "How was your lunch with Anoush?" Rosalía questions as she goes to take a seat beside Amanda.

She grabs an empty glass and takes the bottle, pouring the alcohol into her glass before sliding the bottle across the table in her husband's direction. "Well..." he commences, approaching and pouring whiskey into a glass. "Good news is he's speaking to me again. Bad news is... he was telling Louie the truth," he dimly reveals before lowering down into the chair behind him. The other three exchange disappointed looks. Daniel sighs and continues, "Cole leaned into the bad press on the school fight. He's gonna be exclusive with Doyona by the first of the month."

Rosalía gawks at him before turning to Amanda and Louie, who shake their heads. "If we lose this dealership, other manufacturers are gonna start pulling out," she pipes up. "That's what Cole's banking on," Daniel conveys, setting his drink down and sighing as he leans forward in his seat. "See, I say we go visit Cole, and show him a little Jersey justice," his cousin jumps in. The women turn to him with annoyed faces. "What are you gonna do? Gonna go round up your biker friends? Get your asses kicked again?" Amanda spits.

"Uh-oh, Luis the cholo is back," Rosalía adds, making the other woman snort. They snicker and clink their glasses together while Louie becomes flustered. "I thought we weren't gonna talk about tha-" he embarrassedly speaks before Rosalía interjects. "Daniel," she voices, ignoring Louie and getting back on track. "Believe me, I do not want to sell to Cole. I want to keep this place, I want to fight for it... but how do we do that? It's very risky," she claims. Her husband glances at her with a downcast expression.

"Guys, I don't think you have a choice. If you wanna come out of this with anything, you're gonna have to sell to Cole," Amanda opines. Silence looms over the four adults. The couple truly does not want to sell. Rosalía knows how much her husband loves cars, she doesn't want his dreams to shatter around him. Daniel lowers his gaze, shaking his head and sighing before standing up. He takes a few steps away from the table, taking in his surroundings. "You know, when I was a kid, I wanted my own car so bad," he commences.

"My mom had this station wagon. It was such a piece of junk. We... we literally had to push it to get the engine started," he describes. A reminiscent smile forms on Rosalía's face as memories of that car run through her mind. She remembers perfectly how she had to pop the stick while Daniel and Lucille pushed the car on the night of their first date.

"And then Mr. Miyagi gave me that '47 Ford and... that was the best day of my life. Well, one of them," the man claims, remembering his wedding day. "Ever since, I've been in love with cars. That's why Mr. Miyagi pushed me into sales. Wasn't my idea," he states, turning around to face the others. "I thought car salesmen were sleazy."