Chapter 36: To Danny and Rosie

A customer is standing behind a black Mercedes-Benz as he admires it. All of a sudden, Daniel appears to his right. "She's a beaut, ain't she?" he pipes up as he approaches him. Rosalía struts over from his left and chimes in, "if you're looking for a deal, you hit the jackpot." The man slightly shakes his head and redirects his gaze to the car. "Just looking," he states. "Hey, no charge for looking," Daniel jokes, admiring the vehicle as well. "But what are you looking for, exactly?" his wife smoothly adds.

*Time skip*

Rosalía is now sitting in a car with a potential customer in the showroom as she describes the vehicle's features. "It has 5.1 surround sound, high-res monitors, and comprehensive safety features," she explains. "Sounds great. What's under the hood?" the man responds, impressed. Daniel suddenly appears in his wife's window. "2.0 Turbo I4," he answers, grinning politely. Rosalía turns to the customer and quickly scans her eyes over him. She has an idea of how to butter him up.

She plasters a charming smile on her face and leans closer to him. "I get the feeling you're more of a V8 man though," she comments in a somewhat flirty tone. The man's cheeks turn pink as he looks away and chuckles, clearly flustered. "Am I right?" she adds. Meanwhile, Daniel furrows his eyebrows, burning holes into his wife's head. He knows what she's doing and knows it's effective but that doesn't mean he enjoys watching it.

*Time skip*

"You know, I was there in '84. That kick was awesome!" a man gushes, completely in awe of Daniel's presence. Daniel thanks him and the man shifts his eyes to Rosalía. "And I remember you! It's so cool that you guys are still together. You two are kind of legendary in the valley," he comments, beaming at the couple. "Aww, thank you so much. I think it's cool too," the woman replies, glancing at her husband. Daniel glances back at her and grins, feeling his heart leap due to her words. The customer turns his attention back to Daniel. "I bet people bother you to do the kick all the time," he timidly mentions. Rosalía can practically see dollar signs now.

"Oh, it doesn't bother him at all, he loves it!" she pipes up, placing her hands on her husband's shoulders. "In fact, would you like a picture with him doing it?" she offers the customer, patting Daniel's chest. The man eagerly nods his head. "Yeah!" he ecstatically answers, chuckling and handing Rosalía his phone. "Alright!" she cheerily voices, chuckling as well before stepping away to take the photo. Daniel and the man do the crane kick pose while the man's children simply smile. "Say cheese!" Rosalía calls before taking the photo. Oh, yeah, this dude's definitely buying a car, she thinks.

A few more customers take photos with Daniel doing the kick as well, thus earning them more sales. They focus all their energy on selling more cars, which they successfully accomplish with almost every customer they meet.

*Time skip*

"Here's the best I can do," a man utters, sliding a sheet across the table to the couple. Daniel picks it up and shows it to his wife. Neither of them is satisfied with the written amount. "Sir, we thought you were serious," Rosalía speaks up. "I am serious. As a heart attack," the man confidently states. "Well, then, it looks like we're not making a deal today. I wanna thank you for giving us the opportunity for your business," Daniel replies, sending the man a polite grin before he and his wife stand up and turn to walk away. They only take a few steps when the man calls out, "hold on." The couple halts and slowly turn to look at each other with smirks on their faces.

[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]

Rosalía cheers as Daniel pops the champagne to celebrate their success in selling ten cars in one day. "To Danny and Rosie. Still the best sales team in the Valley," the man declares, pouring champagne into the glasses in his wife's hands. "And don't you forget it," Rosalía sassily remarks, making him chuckle. They clink their glasses together and the woman adds, "I actually had fun. You were great." They both take a sip from their glasses. "Mmm," Daniel hums, shaking his head. "No. You were great," he slowly speaks, stepping closer to his wife. "Mmm," Rosalía chuckles as he leans in for a kiss. She leans away right before their lips touch and cockily replies, "I know. Most of the sales were because of me."