Chapter 72: No More Wasting Time

I actually really love this chapter. I hope y'all do too... 😏

-

-

He did it.

He really did it.

Miguel finally woke up.

After getting over the shock and going through all the madness after the boy awoke from his coma, Carmen called Rosalía to inform her, knowing that she's been so concerned. She asked her to tell Selena as well, knowing she'll absolutely want to see him. As soon as she received the news, Rosalía immediately texted Daniel to tell Johnny and called her daughter. Selena was in pure shock and her reaction was to grab her keys and run to her car, driving straight to the hospital. Rosalía left the studio, going to buy a gift basket before heading to the hospital.

She arrives there first and walks into Miguel's room, seeing Carmen showing him the gifts his friends left for him. "And this is from your pale friend. Demetri, is it? He said the plastic isn't UV resistant so don't leave it near the window," she depicts, showcasing a comic book. "Okay," the boy whispers. At this point, Rosalía decides to make her presence known. "Hola, hola," she pipes up, smiling and knocking on the doorframe. Carmen looks up, grinning delightedly when she sees her friend. "Rosalía! Hola! Come in," she responds.

The woman steps into the room, her eyes landing on Miguel, who can't turn his head due to the headgear he's wearing. At least he's awake now, she thinks. Carmen approaches her and the two share a quick hug before Rosalía turns her attention to the boy. "Hi, mijo. I don't know if you remember me but I'm Selena's mom," she tells him, smiling kindly. Miguel sends her a small grin and slightly nods in response, not having the energy to speak. "Uh, this is for you," the woman mentions, holding up the gift basket.

"It has a lot of candy and stuff. I hope you like it," she adds, handing the basket to Carmen, who thanks her. "Th... thank you," the boy softly replies. However, as he looks at the woman, he can't help but think of a certain person. "Um... wh...where's Selena?" he asks her. "Oh, she's coming. I was at work so that's why she's not with me. She should be here soon though. I know she's excited to see you," Rosalía informs him, smiling knowingly at him. The boy slightly chuckles, feeling nervous about seeing the girl.

Another person pops into his mind and he shifts his eyes to his mother. He closes his eyes and exhales heavily, trying to muster up the energy to form his next sentence. "Ooh.." he trails off. "No, no, no, don't, don't. What is it, Miggy? What do you need?" Carmen asks, not wanting him to exhaust himself. Miguel licks his lips before trying again. "Ooh..." he mutters. "Water?" Carmen asks. "Where's Sensei?" the boy finally questions, glancing at his mother. Her face falls as she gazes at the boy before glancing at Rosalía.

Rosalía knows where Johnny is and also knows that Carmen hasn't wanted him around. "Um, he's in the middle of something right now but I'm sure he'd love to come by as soon as he can," she assures the boy, grinning. Johnny is with Daniel looking for Robby. Rosalía wanted to go with them but there were some things at the studio and dealership that she had to take care of. Miguel sighs, a somewhat downcast expression on his face. All of a sudden, the sound of footsteps makes the two women turn to the door, seeing Selena hurry in.

"I'm here. I'm here," she announces, out of breath. Miguel perks up upon hearing her voice, feeling his heart start to race. "Ah, there she is," Rosalía pipes up, smiling at her daughter. "Hi, Selena," Carmen greets the girl. "Hi," she replies as she catches her breath. Rosalía's eyes land on the EKG, noticing how Miguel's heart rate is increasing. A small grin forms on her face, knowing it's because of Selena. "Um, we'll be right back," Carmen declares, smiling at her son before she and the other woman exit the room.