Chapter 61: Tory La Tóxica

Moon's House

(Selena's outfit)

(Selena's outfit)

Selena arrives at the party with Demetri and Chris. She told Sam and Robby to go in Sam's car while she gave their friends a ride. They climb out of Selena's car and start walking. As they do, the other Miyagi-Do kids show up and walk behind them. The girl spots her cousin and Robby getting out of Sam's car. "Hey, bro! Hey, Clamantha!" she calls as she nears. "Hey," they respond as they join the group. Selena scans Robby's blue jean jacket and beams. "Aye, we're matching!" she voices, pointing between herself and him.

The boy looks down at their clothes and chuckles. "Oh, yeah. We are!" he realizes. Sam laughs at the two. "By the way, you sure you're up for this? With your mom and everything?" she asks her boyfriend. She heard about his mother's visit to the Juarez LaRusso home. "Definitely. I could use a distraction," Robby assures her. Sam's question reminds Selena of a movie scene. Without thinking, she voices, "you sure you're up to this particular murder mission?"

Robby turns to her and responds in his best Thor impression, "Absolutely. Rage and vengeance, anger, loss, regret, they're all tremendous motivators. They really clear the mind, so I'm good to go." Selena turns to him, startled when he starts talking. She didn't expect him to answer. She gapes at him in awe. "You are officially my favorite person," she states. Robby quirks an eyebrow, grinning smugly. "I'm honored," he replies. "There's a lot of people out here already," Chris pipes up as he looks around.

"Yeah, I guess Moon must have invited other kids from school," Sam replies as they near the steps. "I only brought Trivial Pursuit. I'd known there'd be this many people, I would've brought Balderdash," Demetri claims. Selena turns around to glance at him. "You should've brought Uno," she remarks. The boy furrows his eyebrows. "Why Uno?" he questions. "Everybody loves Uno," Selena states, shrugging. The music gets louder when they enter the house. Selena walks into the living room first, followed by Sam, then Robby, and so on.

Selena lightly grins as she observes the people around her. However, she suddenly stops in her tracks and her smile fades when she sees the Cobra Kais sitting a few feet in front of her. Aisha sends her a small grin before coldly staring at Sam. Meanwhile, Hawk glares daggers at her before switching his eyes to Demetri, his face hardening even more. She finds this quite sad and pathetic. Defending her friend from getting hurt by him really made her the enemy in his eyes. This whole dojo rivalry seems pointless to her, but it is what it is.

Her eyes travel to all the Cobra Kais, who are all giving her and the rest of the Miyagi-Dos nasty looks. Suddenly, Miguel and Tory walk in through the sliding door, smiling and chatting. They suddenly halt, Miguel's face going from smiley to stunned when he spots Selena. Tory looks displeased when she spots her and Sam. She looks Sam up and down in disgust before scanning the other girl. Selena gawks at the couple, making eye contact with Miguel before averting her eyes. The cousins share an uncomfortable glance.