Chapter 74: What's Done Is Done

Shannon called Daniel earlier, informing him that Robby came looking for her. The man immediately drove over to the rehab center and is now arriving, finding Shannon sitting at a table outside with the teenager. The woman walks up to him with a worried expression. "Is he okay?" Daniel questions. "He's not right, Daniel. He keeps talking like he's gonna leave town or something. Please, you have to help him," she begs him. "I will. I will but you gotta trust me here, alright?" the man assures her, gently gripping her arms.

"Okay."

"We'll fix this," Daniel claims, to which Shannon nods. He lets go of her and saunters over to Robby. "Hey," he speaks up as he stands next to him, catching his attention. Robby looks away, sadness and guilt written all over his face. Daniel goes to sit in the chair in front of him and sighs. "Nice cut," he compliments the boy. Robby keeps his eyes down, scared to make eye contact. "Sorry you've been stuck cleaning up my mess," he apologizes, finally glancing at the man before looking down again.

"And I'll pay you back for the van. I..."

Daniel quietly chuckles. "I didn't think that van was your style anyway," he kindly dismisses. Robby doesn't reply, the guilt weighing heavy on him. "Look, I know it must've been rough on your own out there," the man adds. Robby looks up at him and asks, "Is Sam okay? And Mrs. JL and Selena?" The thought of them being upset at him has haunted him. He knows he broke their hearts, which he regrets every single day. Disappointing Rosalía is something he never wanted to do. He always feared losing her respect.

"They're... worried about you," Daniel answers. Robby lowers his gaze as he processes the man's words. They're worried about him? "We all are. Your dad too," Daniel adds. The boy lightly nods, his heart feeling heavier now. He never meant to cause everyone so much grief. "Robby, I need to apologize to you," Daniel speaks again, leaning forward in his seat. "But I caused all of this. Okay? I'm the one who kicked Miguel off the-" Robby commences before the man interjects. "I know you blame yourself, but I let you down," he claims.

"What I said to you the last time that we saw each other, that was... terrible. I'm so sorry."

"No, but you were right. It was a mistake trying to help me because I can't change," Robby argues glumly. "We all make mistakes, Robby. But our mistakes aren't who we are. You could learn from your mistakes. And I'll help you with that. I will," Daniel explains. Robby listens closely. Mrs. JL said the same thing, he thinks, remembering when Rosalía told him that our mistakes don't define us. The man looks down and sighs.

"Listen... this next part is gonna be really, really hard, okay? But this is the best way forward. I spoke to a lawyer and he explained to me that it's imp-" he starts to explain when the sound of a walkie-talkie captures his attention. Robby sharply turns around while Daniel sighs. The boy shoots up from his chair, making it fall over when he sees a police officer walk through the gate. Daniel stands up and comes up beside the boy.

"What did you do?"

"I told them that you're gonna turn yourself in. Trust me, the sentence will be much lighter this way," Daniel calmly explains. "No, no. No, no, no, I can't!" Robby instantly freaks out. "You can and you have to, Robby," the man explains, enunciating his words. "No, you just kept me talking so I wouldn't leave," the boy accuses. "No, I was trying to help you!" Daniel clarifies. The boy isn't having it though. He instantly tries to run but one of the officers quickly catches him, forcefully grabbing his arms.

"Hey! Hey, hey! Easy with him!" Daniel yells, approaching them. The cop keeps the boy's arms restrained as he struggles. "Robby, this is only temporary. I will get you through this, okay?" Daniel assures the boy as the cop cuffs his wrists. "I will visit you every day, I promise," he claims. The officer grabs Robby by the shoulders and starts walking with him.

Robby gazes at Daniel and says, "don't bother." With that, he's escorted off the premises and Daniel frowns, saddened by the boy's reaction. Rosalía's not going to like this. She might get mad at him for how he handled the situation.

[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]

Juárez LaRusso House

"Daniel!" Rosalía shrieks when her husband tells her about what occurred. He knew she would react this way. "I know, I know, love. But this was always the plan, remember?" he tries to assure her. The woman sighs and turns to him. "I know but you shouldn't have called the cops beforehand! You should've told him first," the woman argues. "You know he would've refused. He tried to run away," Daniel responds. Rosalía nods, knowing he's right.

"Maybe you could've convinced him somehow. Or you could've called me! I would've gone in a flash. And you know he listens to me more than he does to you," she points out. Robby is stubborn but not impossible. She believes he could've been persuaded to turn himself in. Although she understands why he wouldn't want to. She'd be scared too if she were in his shoes. Daniel lightly nods. "Maybe you're right... but what's done is done... and he hates me for it," he states, looking down disappointedly.

"Well, he feels betrayed... but he'll understand why you did it... eventually," his wife utters, stepping closer to the man and soothingly rubbing his arm. Daniel gazes at her sadly. Perhaps he should've done it the way Rosalía suggested but at the moment, he just did the first thing he thought of and he thought it was the right way to go about it. The woman suddenly frowns, thinking about how Robby must be feeling. "Pobrecito [Poor thing]. He's been through so much his whole life... He's so young. Why can't he catch a break?" she woefully questions.

Daniel frowns upon seeing how upset his wife is. "I don't know," he mutters. He pulls Rosalía into a hug and kisses the top of her head, hoping to provide some consolation. Just like her, he wants Robby to be okay. The boy may hate him right now but that's fine as long as he receives a lighter sentence and is allowed to move on with his life afterward. And Rosalía wasn't the one who called the police so he shouldn't have anything against her. Daniel prefers it this way. He'd rather Robby hate him and not Rosalía.

-

-

The way Rosalía loves Robby as if he were her own son 🥺 And the way Daniel would rather have Robby hate him and not Rosalía because he knows that would crush her 😩❤️ I love Rosaniel so freaking much.

I still haven't written Episode 3 yet but the one I am really looking forward to is Episode 4. I have been waiting for that one forever. Iykyk... 😉

Also, this season is gonna be so fun and then season 4 is the season of pain... It's gonna be fun too but I think it'll be the most emotional part so far in this book and I'm looking forward to it. I guess this is just a little "enjoy it while it lasts" warning haha.