Chapter 91: Wonder Woman

This was written so slowly omg but it's finally done. Stranger Things stans, if you watched Vol. 2 and need a little pick-me-up... I hope this helps 🥲❤️‍🩹

-

-

Reseda

Miguel hurriedly maneuvers between the orange cones with his crutches. His girlfriend and sensei move along beside him as Selena pushes Johnny in Miguel's wheelchair. "Let's go, slowpoke! Move those gimp legs!" the blonde shouts. "My grandmother's faster than you!" the girl chimes in as the two watch the boy keep moving through the homemade obstacle course.

Miguel pushes down on his crutches and lifts his legs to get over the last hurdle. However, he's unsuccessful for he ends up tripping over the hurdle and collapsing on the ground. Johnny throws his head back in frustration while Selena grimaces at the sight of her boyfriend on the ground.

*Time skip*

The trio is now in Johnny's apartment. The girl and older man are standing over Miguel having a conversation while said boy is on the floor performing sit-ups with a full keg in his hands. "That sounds stupid. Go, Diaz," the blonde bluntly replies to Selena before addressing Miguel, who strains to sit up. "It is but I think that's why people like it so much," the girl responds. As Miguel does another sit-up, Johnny suddenly stops him as he reaches for the keg. "Hold it there. Hold it, hold it, hold it, hold it," he voices as he grabs the faucet.

He holds it to his red plastic cup and squeezes the faucet, causing beer to spray into the cup, some of it splashing on the boy's head. "Feel the burn. Feel the burn. Looking good, looking good. Alright, alright!" Johnny encourages, slapping his hand against the keg as Miguel goes back down. "Ten more!" he orders.

"You're doing great, babe!" the girl motivates her boyfriend before focusing her attention back on the older man. "So anyway, it turns out that Bella is pregnant..." she resumes the discussion. "What?" Johnny reacts, contorting his eyebrows. Miguel rolls his eyes at how his girlfriend is explaining the Twilight Saga to the man while he's in the middle of doing sit-ups.

*Time skip*

The three are outside as Miguel uses his crutches to move through a net-like obstacle course on the ground. "Go, Diaz! Move it!" Johnny shouts, clapping his hands. "You're so close!" Selena encourages as she moves along the course beside the man. "We're almost there! Let's go! Let's go!" the blonde adds, the excitement clear in his demeanor. Miguel climbs up the makeshift steps and onto the plank his two "physical therapists" set up. He grins, lifting his gaze to the two.

"Alright, guys. I think I'm getting the hang of it," he optimistically claims as he moves along the plank. "Oh, yeah?" Johnny asks, snapping his fingers. Understanding what he wants, Selena bends down to fetch the ball from the ground before handing it to the man. "Think fast!" he voices, tossing the ball to the boy. Miguel is caught off guard by this but catches the ball, causing him to lose balance. "Oh. Oh!" he voices as he falls back, groaning when he hits the ground.

*Time skip*

Johnny and Selena are sitting on the couch resting their feet on the coffee table, which Miguel is lifting up and down with his legs as he lays on the floor. The man's attention is occupied with a magazine while the girl is on her phone. "Lookin' good," Johnny comments as he flips through the pages of his Summer Swimsuits magazine.

"Lookin' real good," he says again, his eyes never tearing away from the pages. Selena suddenly releases a small chuckle from beside him. She shows her phone screen to the man, finally making him look away from his magazine. "Ha," he chuckles upon watching the video on the girl's phone, leading both of them to start cackling.