Chapter 13: How Can She Love Him?

Rosalía enters the dealership. She spent half the day at the studio and is now going to spend the rest of the day here. Employees greet her as she passes by and she politely greets them back. She opens the door of Daniel's office, seeing her husband leaning back into his chair with a satisfied smile on his face. His head snaps to her when he hears the door, his eyes sparkling when he sees the woman. Rosalía smiles smugly at him. "Hola, guapo [hello, handsome]," she flirtatiously speaks as she struts into the room. "Ah, mi querida esposa [Ah, my dear wife]," Daniel returns, scooting his chair back and holding his arm out as his wife nears him.

Rosalía giddily giggles as she drops onto his lap, wrapping her arms around his neck. She loves when he speaks Spanish, his accent is very good. Daniel understands the language and can speak it almost perfectly. He spent years learning it with the help of his wife, their homies, and Rosalía's family. Rosalía is so glad he learned it, especially since she mostly spoke to her children in Spanish when they were growing up so they could speak their native tongue too. Daniel spoke to them in English but involved as much Spanish as he could. So the kids mostly learned English in school. Thanks to their combined efforts, they achieved their goal of making their kids bilingual.

"Y esa sonrisita que tenías cuando llegué? [And that smile you had when I got here?]" the woman asks, gazing at her husband with a fond grin. Daniel stares back with heart eyes. "Es por ti, mi amor [it's because of you, my love]. I was just thinking about you," he flirts. Rosalía's face burns and she cackles nervously, hitting his shoulder. Daniel laughs along, proud of himself for provoking that reaction from her. Their laughter subsides and they just admire each other. Rosalía plays with the hairs on the nape of Daniel's neck, causing him to relax and close his eyes. She's feeling super affectionate right now. She feels that way a lot around Daniel but sometimes more so than other times.

"You know, sometimes I still feel like a teenager... That's your fault," she pipes up. The man chuckles at this and opens his eyes to look at her. "My fault?" he questions. Rosalía nods and hums in response. "What do you mean?" Daniel asks. His wife shifts on his lap so she's sitting straighter. "Well... there are moments where I think we act like we did when we were younger, such as right now. And I forget that we're grown-ups now with endless responsibilities to attend to," she conveys. Daniel just smiles lovingly at her as he listens. "And I love that," the woman expresses, gleaming at him. Daniel wraps his arms around her tighter, and she rests her head on the side of his head.

"The same thing happens to me. Man, time goes by so fast. I can't believe we're so old now," he utters. "Hmm," his wife chuckles, thinking about his words. "Don't call me old," she says out of the blue. She knows her youth is gone now but she doesn't like feeling old, her soul will be forever young. Daniel quietly chuckles and slowly nods. "Alright, sorry... but hey..." he trails off, lifting his head. Rosalía lifts hers as well to glance at him. 

"This just further proves it," Daniel claims. His wife gives him a puzzled look. "What?" she asks. The man gives her the softest smile ever. "That time after time, it's me and you," he states. Rosalía beams at him, overjoyed to hear him say that. "I love you," she expresses, her eyes twinkling. Daniel's smile broadens as he gazes into her eyes with his dreamy ones. "I love you more," he responds.

[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]

Selena and Miguel chat in the library after school. They cover random topics but they're both dying to get personal, wanting to know more about each other. Eventually, Miguel decides to scratch the surface. "Hey, I have a question," he mentions, to which Selena replies, "okay?" He takes a moment to formulate his question. "You said you haven't done karate in years. Did you stop practicing to learn how to dance?" he curiously asks. Even though they've been messaging and talking during school, they truly don't know much about each other. It's mostly been jokes and impersonal topics. "No, I actually learned both at the same time! Ever since I was little, my dad taught me karate and my mom taught me how to dance. She owns a small dance studio chain," Selena explains.