Part - 25

It was half past six when a mobile buzzing sound forced Parvati to open her eyes. She blinked away her sleep as she looked at Suyash who was sleeping deeply. She reached for his mobile lying on his side table. She was glad he was in deep sleep as a result of his tiredness, but Pallavi's name flashing on the mobile screen brought back her last night's memory and anger. She quickly picked up the call so that the desperate buzzing of the mobile would not disturb her husband's peaceful sleep.

"Suyash! You should have been here half an hour ago, where are you?" 

Pallavi spoke as soon as Parvati received her call.

"He's sleeping," Parvati replied, slipping out of the bed. 

Her voice annoyed Pallavi. "Then wake him up! I am waiting for him in the gym."

"He will not gain weight if he skips the gym one day, Pallavi. He needs adequate rest and you too. Don't overwork yourself. Bye." Parvati disconnected the call in a cold manner without letting Pallavi say anything further.

Pallavi smashed her phone on the floor in rage. "Bitch!"

Parvati came back and laid down beside Suyash in the bed. Her mind got occupied with the thoughts of her conversation with Pallavi. She did realize that she was rude with Pallavi  and she did feel bad about it, but what Pallavi did last night wasn't right either. 

Later Suyash shifted in the bed before he opened his eyes slowly. Today he felt good waking up; not tired or wanting to go back to bed. His eyes searched for his lovely wife and he recollected last night. 

Darn it! So stupid of him to fall asleep last night! 

He regretted missing out on the chance to spend some quality time with his wife. He took the duvet off of his body and sat up leaning against the headboard. He found his mobile and sat up straight with a jerk when he noticed the time.

It was 9 am! 

He slept that long!

"Finally! You are awake." Parvati came into the room with a pleasant smile on her face.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" He sounded worried. His whole schedule would be messed up now. "Pallavi must have waited for me in the gym and my secretary…Why didn't she call me? And my alarm…" 

"Relax Mr.Mehra! I turned off your alarm and also asked Pallavi to let you rest for today and about your secretary…" Parvati said as she came and sat opposite him on the bed, "she did call you and I told her that you will be late to office and asked her to reschedule your day's work and postpone if there are any meetings."  

Suyash leaned his back against the headboard. Glad that his wife had handled everything smoothly. 

"Now get up and get ready quickly!" She stood up from the bed and he held her hand. She looked down at him confused.

"Sorry about last night. I was supposed to spend time with you but I…" Suyash looked up at her with guilt. 

"It's okay, Mr.Mehra. Honestly I'm glad you got the opportunity to catch some sleep, I don't want my husband to walk around looking like one of those zombies from the walking dead series," Parvati said and giggled. 

Suyash smiled. She was right, he wasn't looking his best lately due to lack of sleep and food. A well deserved sleep had made him feel much better. He brought her hand to his lips and planted an affectionate kiss on the back of her hand. "You are the best."

"Tell me something new." She grinned down at him which made him chuckle. "Now hurry up! Breakfast is ready," she ordered.

"Breakfast?" Suyash badly wanted to put some food in his empty tummy but he was hesitant.