True Love

August 29

Amber's P. O. V.

"The conference has gone viral and worldwide. Your confession will be everywhere and soon everyone will know you're alive. Good job Amber"

"Thank you so much detectives for all your help. I really appreciate it"

"You're welcome and thank you for having the courage to put this man away for good."

Mark is still going to be locked up but he's going to have to take counseling and rehab sessions while he's in there. I'm happy that he's getting the help that he needs. Hopefully he learns what he did wrong and changes into a better person.

I smiled at the detectives one last time before I left. The case is officially closed for good.

We all filmed an interview live! Now its going to be spreading everywhere. I can go out in public without having to be in disguise. Every since the interview, paparazzi has been all over me and I have attracted a lot of publicity.

"You ready to go babe", Matt asked.

"Yeah", I smiled as I grabbed his hand. We both walked out of the police station and managed to get to the car. The snapping of pictures and microphones in your face is challenging, but we made it through.

"So what do you want to do?", Matt asked me as we were in the car.

"I want to make amends with my ex boyfriend and ex best friend."

"Ok good. I'll let you do that on your own. After you do that, we're gonna go celebrate, once again.", he smiled brightly as he gave my hand a gentle squeeze. I then planted a kiss on his lips.

.........................

I was currently sitting at a park on a bench, watching children play and have fun. I smiled at the view. This was the only place I could find peace and quiet without people following me. I had Adam and Brie meeting up with me here.

They were surprised it was me they were talking too. I didn't blame them. I saw both of them present at my candlelight. I just want to make things right. I took a deep breath as I saw Adam walking towards me, a couple seconds later, Brie followed. I could see her baby bump growing, she looked ok and so did Adam.

They both started to run towards me with open arms, but I backed away not eager to be embraced by neither one of them.

"Hi Amber"

"How are you doing

"So you two have a seat", I said as I ignored the question. They both sat beside me on the bench. I chuckled slightly before I began to speak.

"How many months are you?", I asked Brie.

"Almost three months.", she replied.

"Adam I want you to be the best father you can be to this child. Teach that child not to be the person you were"

He just nodded his head slightly. I could tell all he wanted to do was get down on his knees and beg me to come back. I made sure to look both of them in their eyes as I spoke.

"Brie were you the person who scratched Adam's back and bought him that expensive cologne"

"Yes, bu....."

"I knew it, but I didn't complain or say anything because I wasn't sure if you two were having an affair behind my back. It was true though. Why?", I asked.

By now they both had looks of guilt and regret written all over their faces and I was loving it. They both deserve to feel this way. I saw Brie as she began to cry. I began to cry myself. Not because of her, because of closure. Adam brushed the tears away and I let him because this is the very last time we will ever speak.