First Day of Senior Year

Special shout out to doglover1314. Thanks so much for continuing to vote for the book.

"I'm pregnant"

Those words kept repeating in my head. All I wanted to do was scream at my mom and I wanted to tell her everything before she had this man baby.

I'm not comfortable with my mom bringing Mark's child into this world. What if he treats her like he treats me? There's many possibilities. Anger and rage just filled me.

"I hate this", I yelled after I left my seat and ran out of her office. I ran upstairs and grabbed my keys.

"Amber, baby where are you going", my mom asked running outside with me along with Mark. I ignored and continued to walk to my car.

"I'm not telling you.", I said as tears began to fall. I unlocked my car and entered, then shut my door. My mom began banging on the window.

"Amber Madsen why are you being so secretive all of a sudden"

I then started up my car and let my window down.

"Why can't I be secretive mom. It's not like we're all open. This family is full of secrets", I yelled, then pulled off.

She looked confused. She should be. I drove until I arrived at my destination, but I parked, before I got out. I also noticed another car there.

"Damit", I yellled. I hit the steering wheel repeatedly and cried. I cut the engine off and locked the car, then I began to walk to the house.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

I knocked on the door and waited for someone to answer.

"Sassy..... Sassy baby why are you crying"

"Mrs. Smith I need to talk to you", I cried. She invited me in the house immediately. My eyes then locked with Kristie's.

I admit I was kind of happy when I saw her. That must've been her car outside.

"Sassy boo what's the matter", Kristie asked. I can talk to these people, I trust them.

"My mom's pregnant", I announced. Mrs. Smith face was emotionless.

"Honey what's wrong with that", Kristie asked. Mrs. Smith began to explain.

"I'm was pretty close with your mom and I know her. She's in a total faze right now and thinks everything is perfect. Amber you need to talk to her and tell her how you feel"

I can't tell her and what would happen if I did tell her the things Mark do to me. Would she even understand?

"Why isn't it perfect", Kristie asked.

"She's having a baby by Mark. I don't want her to. I just want my dad back. I hate this, I really do.", I stated crying because I didn't tell them all I wanted to. I'm so stupid. At least I told the partial truth, because I did want my dad back and I definitely didn't want my mom to have his baby.

"It's gonna be ok, Sassy boo. Give yourself sometime to think, besides you're gonna be a big sister. I always wanted a sister, instead I got two knuckle head brothers", Kristie stated, which made me giggle.

Mrs. Smith got up and left to the bathroom. She never mentioned much about her family, except she lost them in a catastrophe and she was way different from her family.

Mrs. Smith said she guess the catastrophe didn't except her being different. To this day I still don't know what she meant by that.

"There's that beautiful smile I like. So what about your family", she asked.